Meeting The Elder

As we walked up to Elder Maxson, I noticed he was giving a speech. Didn't know what, but it sounded serious.

After he got finished with his speech, Initiate Rose saluted and started to talk.

Initiate-Rose: Sir, this kid was laying on the ground in his underwear when we found him

Initiate-Rose: Sir, this kid was laying on the ground in his underwear when we found him. We believe he has some kind of amnesia, sir.

Elder-Maxson: I see. Good job on saving him Initiate. I'll tell Proctor-Ingram to reward you and your squad with some new gear later.

Initiate-Rose: Thank you, Sir!

Elder-Maxson: But first, take him over to Captain-Cade to check his health. He looks too clean and healthy to be a scaver...

So when I met with Captain-Cade, he told me to sit at the table so he could check my health.

Captain-Cade: Let's see... *checks heartbeat* Seems healthier than average...

Then, he checked in my ears.

Captain-Cade: Looks pretty good. *puts the tool away and grabs that tongue stick thing* Open your mouth for me, please.

I opened my mouth and he observed the inside.

Captain-Cade: Oh my... You seem to be missing your tonsils. Not only that, but your teeth are pearly white.

Initiate-Rose: Could he be a vault dweller or something?

Captain-Cade: I've never seen anyone as healthy. The last person I saw this healthy, was Sentinal-Nate.

Initiate-Rose: Ah, I heard about him. He was a vault dweller.

Captain-Cade: Yes, he was.

After some more tests, we concluded that I obviously had amnesia.

Captain-Cade: Only question is, what caused it?

Right after, Knight-Cassandra walked in with her armor off and just her regular jumpsuit. Which by the way, was pretty tight on her. And she was pretty easy on the eyes.

Knight-Cassandra: Well, Well... He looks like a pureblood brotherhood initiate.

Captain-Cade: Coming to check up on him? Well, good news and bad news...

Knight-Cassandra: Bad news.

Captain-Cade: He definitely has amnesia.

Knight-Cassandra: No shit, ghoulbrain.

Captain-Cade: Hey, watch your tone. *calmly*

Knight-Cassandra: Good News?

Captain-Cade: He's the healthiest person on board.

Knight-Cassandra: Vault dweller maybe?

Captain-Cade: Thats what we thought, but we still can't understand why he has amnesia in the first place.

Knight-Cassandra: Think maybe he'll start to remember anything?

Captain-Cade: There is a chance. But for now, we should ask him some things. Hey kid, tell me everything you remember. I know it's hard, but you have to think.

Me: I-I... I can only remember waking up and...

Captain-Cade: What else?

Me: All I remember before that was... Laying in a hospital bed. I remember them putting IVs in my arms. But the rest is a blur.

Knight-Cassandra: Im not sure what to make of that. Was he a part of some institute or railroad experiment?

Captain-Cade: No, we did a protocol that blew up all gen 3 synths. Fortunately, he isn't one.

Everyone sighed from relief and I got off the table to stretch.

Me: I don't know what's going on...

I said a little worried while Knight-Cassandra put her hand on my shoulder.

Knight-Cassandra: It's ok, I understand how stressful this may be to you. Maybe you should go lay down in the quarters, get some rest.

Initiate-Rose: I have a spare bed above mine.

Captain-Cade: Ok, I'll be sure to report this information to Elder-Maxson.

It was a little late, so I went with Rose to the bunk beds. I saw some boxes in the corner and walked up to them.

Rose: Oh, you can look in those boxes. Just some old equipment and junk.

Me: Thanks.

I checked through it and found all sorts of things. Most of which I didn't know at the time. The rest helped spark up my memory a little more. A found a notebook and a pen. Seemed like it was in decent condition.

Rose: Ya know, you should write in it like a journal. It may help your memory.

Me: Write...

I said to myself as I tried to remember how to write things. When I sat at the desk and tried writing something, I started writing my name in the top left corner.

Me: How did I?

Rose came up and looked at it.

Rose: Must be muscle memory then. Good thing I can read! B. R. Y. S. O. N.

He slowly read.

Rose: That says, Bryson. That must be your name then. Well, Bryson! It's good to literally meet you! *shakes my hand*

When it was lights out, I went straight to sleep and tried to think really hard about my past memories.

Why am I here? Who am I? How old am I? Where am I from? These questions filled my head until I was finally asleep...