45 - PARENTS

Hello again to all,

Please DO NOT FORGET TO VOTE and COMMENT. 

Thank you for reading this chapter and book.

Enjoy reading.

**********

Alyssha's POV

"Alyssha, can you come with me? I need to talk to you about something." Says the one and only James Smith in a very cold voice and without any trace of emotion on his face or in his eyes.

After taking my time to brainstorm about the consequences, I slowly nod at him.

He looks at me for a good few seconds like he is studying me, he turns around and walks towards a large set of doors Without saying a single word while I timidly follow him with my heart beating heavily in my chest.

We enter the room which looks like his office and he makes his way towards the large desk. My eyes land on three more people standing there who are looking at me intently.

I look at the most familiar person in the room and wave my hand at her with a smile. I really loved talking to her last time.

"Hi Emilia. How are you?"

"I am fine Alyssha. Thank you" She says with a small smile which looks kind of a forced one? Weird..really really weirdly.

I see lots of emotions pass in her eyes one after another but they pass so fast that I can't point out any of them. I am busy looking at her when another voice takes me out of the trance.

"Hello Alyssha. How are you?" Diana Smith asks with a warm smile.

"I am fine, Mrs. Smith. How are you?" I say softly.

"I am good dear. Let's have a seat and talk." She says with a nod while walking towards the sofa and gestures me to take a chair across from James. I take my seat while the rest sits on the sofa.

I quickly text Damian to let him know about my whereabouts so he won't be worrying about me and I receive his reply in no time saying he is ok and I can join him whenever I am done here.

"So tell us something about you." Sebastian Clark talks for the first time.

"Umm.. there is nothing interesting about me. Everything is already in the news." I say with a chuckle but that doesn't amuse them at all which makes me look like a fool.

"I really don't know what to tell you but you can ask any question you may have. I will try my best to answer them." I say trying to make the conversation keep going.

"Then tell us about you and Oliver's relationship. I mean how did you guys meet? Maybe when and where did you two meet? I am just asking because you both seem quite close to each other." Diana asks again this time.

"Oliver and I met during my first semester in NYU. We were assigned to do a project together and we became friends and then best friends. He has always treated me like his sister and to me, he is like a brother that I never had before. He has helped me a lot. You have raised him really well, Mr. and Mrs. Smith." I complement them with a smile.

"Ho...How was your childhood?" Emilia asks with a little... heavy voice? And do I see regret in her eyes? I wonder what's with knowing my past? I mean they have nothing to do with me personally, especially the Clark couple.

"It was alright I guess? I mean I was brought up in LA and then I moved here when I turned 14." I reply in short, not wanting to provide too much of details to strangers. I mean I really don't know them except that they are my brothers' parents.