~26~ welcome to reality

*** Please be sure to VOTE! Thank you! ***

Waiting for the bus is driving me nuts. I’m all sodden and down-trodden. Miserable faces are huddled underneath the bus shelter. I don’t know how long I’ve been waiting for. Last time I checked with someone, they told me it was six something. So, about forty minutes have passed. 

If you’re still interested, I managed to find those green wellingtons. Saved me having to make a trip to the changing room — I don’t think I could have handled spending anymore time in the building. I only hope that Claude doesn’t have foot fungi…

***

Bored. All the bus drivers rejected me because I don’t have any money. Well, can’t they just allow it? Seriously, people these days are so selfish and cold. If I saw a girl wearing an over-sized overcoat and faded green wellingtons, I’d kinda guess that something happened…

And allow her in. It makes sense, right? It’s not like they’re going to get into trouble. I’m not fare-dodging because I want to. I just need a free ride to get home…

I’m just glad Dad’s working late at the store tonight. I wouldn’t like to imagine what would happen if he—no, best not to think about it.

***

Why is that old hag glaring daggers at me? What did I do to you, b!tch? She’s wearing — uh, how shall we say — inappropriate clothing, especially for a rainy/snowy day. Her baggy grey coat is unbuttoned, displaying a horror-show. A yellowed walrus of a bra peaks out from her coat, revealing her saggy breasts. She also has skinny, shrivelled up legs. Her back is crooked  and hunched at an almost unnatural angle. A clear plastic bag is tied around her chin. Her scalp is pink and painfully red with a few tufts of grey hair scattered around the dome of her head. Without a doubt, she is the ugliest woman I’ve ever seen.

My eyes are now officially scarred for life. And I thought Lucille was fvcked up…

A small black dog with tight curls is yapping every so often. She doesn’t keep him on a leash. 

Occasionally, she gives him a toothless grin and says “Come, Rollo.” 

Rollo looks diseased.

A few school kids snigger and roll up their noses as they glance at her. 

Old Hag is now sniffing around me. What’s her problem? The diseased dog keeps on straying off. Old Hag is shrieking out a stream of profanities…

Thank fvck for the bus turning into the corner — I don’t care — I’ll find someway of getting on that bus. I can’t take anymore of this sh!t.

***

A female passenger takes pity on me and pays my fare. Her toddler sneezes at me. Clear bogey drips from the edge of her nose. Looks like I’m gonna be infected…

Small price to pay for a free ride.

I slump into a seat and draw sad faces on the steamed window. Grinning, Old Hag waves to me and I shudder. That woman is creepy. 

***

That crying baby is doing my head in.  Shut it, kid. We all have unresolved problems, okay? Welcome to the real world. This ain’t fvcking Hamleys.

I think I’ve got a migraine. Better take some paracetamol when I get back. 

I hate my life.

A/N: Please VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE! Thanks! :) Are the bus drivers evil? xD Where will the bus journey take Amelie?? :D Dmitri