~21~ in the dark

*** Please be sure to VOTE! Thank you! ***

Rivulets of warm water cascade down my skin. I step out of the shower. I feel better now. More refreshed. Slightly more energised. 

I’ve just ignored him for two weeks. It’s easy when you get used to it. I don’t make eye contact with him. Why should I? I don’t even think of him as human anymore. He’s just a repulsive creature. 

I suppose I shouldn’t be feeling this much hate towards him but eventually that will fade. I won’t even remember his face before too long…

There’s not much he can do about it.

Navarro — I hate saying his name now — hasn’t approached me since that day. Not that I want him too. He’s just as cold and aloof as he always was.

Occasionally, we exchange a few words (all football related, of course). It would look odd if I just blanked him regardless. I have to remain professional — I can’t let my emotions rule my head. But we all know what I really want to do is scream and tear at his handsome flesh. Okay, he tried to approach me a few times to “talk” but I told him to fvck off. The softness in his eyes is gradually replaced by complete indifference towards me. See! He doesn’t give an honest fvck about me. 

Probably the b@stard’s just thinking about what flavour wedding cake he and Therese Weber will have on their big day.

Luckily, I’ve been relieved of having to do any volunteering work since I got the mid-field position. That means I don’t have to see him as much.

There are much hotter guys out there. Why waste my tears over a moody, cheating fvcker?

Gina and Marie don’t understand why I’m such a moody b!tch now. I have the attacking mid-fielder role, so I should be happy. If only they knew. Admittedly, I’ve been a sh!tty friend at the moment. I’ve become self-absorbed and I just feel so… hollow.

I wish I’d never met him.

They tried to persuade me to go with them to that new Japanese restaurant after practice today but I scrunched up my face and they pretty much gave up on me. Even my friends are deserting me. What would have been the point of going out to eat somewhere? I wouldn’t have truly enjoyed the food — I’d just be picking at my meal. I love Japanese food too. The b@stard’s even made me lose my fvcking appetite. Grr. 

The towel slips out of my fingers onto the slick tiles. A few lights in the changing room flicker, giving the space an eerie feel. Typical. It’s always been like this. Everything around the club is crumbling to pieces. They’re on a tight budget.

Better run a comb through my hair as quickly as possible before the lights go AWOL. As I’m about to step towards the cracked mirror, I hear it.

The light tread of footsteps. Curious, I look behind me, expecting to see one of the girls…

The changing room’s empty. 

I shrug and gaze at my reflection for a moment. I have slight shadows under my eyes — all down to him. 

Stop thinking about that b@stard, girl. 

I continue to brush out the small knots and tangles until my hair’s smooth as burnished silk. Suppose that’s one thing I can thank The Gold-digger for. She passed her topnotch hair genes onto me…

My fingers deftly tie it into a messy plait. 

As I’m about to apply some strawberry lip-balm, I feel someone roughly grab my waist. The lights go dead. A scratchy cloth bag is pulled over my head in a nanosecond, obscuring my vision.

All I hear are muffled cackles and giggles. I try to claw at the b!tches. One of them shrieks as I hit home. 

“B!tch!” an excessively girlish voice whines. “Ouch! That hurt…” 

A second nasal voice is clearly unsympathetic. “Who told you to stand so close to her? You’re so vain, Monique. Always looking at yourself in the mirror…”

Brief laughter. 

Strong, groping hands lift me up — male hands. My stomach sinks down several levels. 

I start to scream but it’s no good. No one can hear me. I’m all alone now.

This is Lucille’s doing.

A/N: Please VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE! Thanks. Does Amelie deserve this? Who’s the mysterious man hands? Do you think Amelie’s silly to reject everyone? :D Updates will now be SPONTANEOUS but REGULAR - it’s more fun that way… ;) Dmitri