PT8: The Boat

Y/N woke up the two days later with a text from Sam.

Hey Y/N, Sarah and I are having a get together down at the docks if you would like to join us? Bucky's coming too.

Y/N looked at the text with sleepy eyes before texting back.

I can't wait :)

Y/N climbed out of her bed and looked at the time. 6:00am. She jumped in her shower and got changed into some clothes for the trip. She pulled on a grey ribbed vest top and then some light denim dungarees. She made her way to the door and slipped on some black converse and then grabbed her canvas tote bag. She then messaged Bucky.

Hey Buck, I'm gonna take the Quinjet down to Sam's if you want to join me. I'll come by yours in ten.
It was definitely more of a command than an option. She grabbed her keys and left her apartment.

When she arrived outside Bucky's apartment he was just leaving. She shot him a smile and he walked over to her. "Hey Doll" he smiled at her and pulled her in for a hug. His clothes smelt of fresh laundry detergent. She pulled away and smiled up at him before walking out back to the car park where the Quinjet was parked. They got in and took off.

-----------------

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

-----------------

The Quinjet landed in a field near the docks. Y/N turned on the camouflage effect onto the Quinjet and they walked off towards the docks. Bucky held a cake in his hand and Y/N held some strawberries in hers. He pulled her closer to him and held her tightly around her shoulders. She tried to ignore the butterflies that erupted in her stomach.

They arrived at the docks, and Sam's nephews ran over to Bucky pretending to fight him. Y/N laughed at them as Sarah approached her and gave her a hug, taking the strawberries from her. "So you arrived together, eh?" Sarah smiled raising her brows at Y/N teasingly.

"Yes we did. As friends" Y/N spoke slowly with a smile. Sarah just nodded sceptically and placed the box of fruit on the table. Y/N walked over to Sam and Bucky as they pulled away from their own hug. She pulled Sam into a tight hug as she greeted him. They all busied themselves, talking to the other people and messing about. Y/N sat with Sam as she watched Bucky holding up three kids on his metal arm. Sam didn't seem to notice her gaze as he spoke to her.

They all sat down to eat together, Bucky sat next to Y/N and smiled down at her. After they finished eating he swung his arm around her and pulled her into his chest. She didn't try to resist it and lent into his hold. Sarah looked at her across the table with an "I-told-you-so" look on her face. Sam didn't even notice the two of them and seemed oblivious to it when he was talking to them.

After the meal, Y/N walked with Bucky over to the water edge. He held her close to him again until they reached the edge. They sat down on some rocks near the water and Bucky tucked her into his chest. They talked about everything that had happened over the past few weeks until they fell silent. They stared out over the water as the sun began to set. Bucky turned to look down at her. Y/N felt his gaze on her and looked up at him, meeting his eyes. "What?" she smiled confused as he kept his gaze on her. Usually he would look away after she caught him staring but this time he kept looking into her eyes, a happy smile on his face.

"You just look really pretty" he said as her eyes went wide.

"Oh er- well- thanks" Y/N stuttered. Bucky loved how she would lose her composure when he complimented her. Usually she would quickly flirt back playfully with whoever tried to with her, but whenever he did she would blush and loose her words. Bucky laughed gently at her reaction. "You're pretty too" Y/N said finally after she composed herself. This time it was Bucky's turn to blush. She would occasionally flirt back with him but never like this. This time he knew she meant it. His smile stayed on his lips as he tucked her hair behind her ear. He rubbed his thumb across her cheek gently. Her lips parted slightly as she looked up at him. He leaned closer and closed the gap, gently colliding his lips with hers. Y/N reached her hand up to his cheek, pulling him closer, deepening the kiss. Her hands drifted to the back of his head and gently tugged at his hair, causing him to moan slightly against her lips. His other hand trailed down to her waist, pulling her flush against him. After a few more seconds, they broke the kiss, staying close to each other. "So beautiful" Bucky whispered by her neck. A shiver ran down her spine as she giggled. "Come on, lets go back to Sam" He spoke softly.

Y/N felt like she was in a teenage movie. She never experienced the typical teen life so this moment made her feel like she had finally got a snippet of it. The sneaking around by the water, the gentle kiss, Bucky's hand in hers. It felt perfect.

When they arrived back at the docks, they walked over to Sam and stood, watching the sun setting over the water. They smiled and Bucky gave Y/N's hand a squeeze. He leaned down to kiss her and as he did Sam turned around. "WHAT!" he shouted, causing them to pull apart quickly and stare at him. Some of the other people turned to look at the now open-mouthed Sam. "What is this?" He asked again. "When did this happen?!" Y/N and Bucky just looked at each other, not knowing what to say. Then Sarah swooped in to save them. "This" Sarah said gesturing at Y/N and Bucky, "has been happening since when they helped fix the boat, if not longer." Sam stood and stared at the two of them. "How did I miss this?"

"You are pretty oblivious" Y/N laughed as Sam kept his shocked gaze on them.

"Well, now that I've found this out," Sam said as he walked over to them, "I'm so happy!" he said as he pulled them into an excited hug. Y/N and Bucky laughed loudly at his reaction.

Y/N and Bucky walked back to Sarah's house hand in hand. Bucky gave Y/N his top and they climbed onto the sofa. Bucky pulled her into his side and placed a long kiss into her hair. "Good night Doll" he whispered softly into her hair as she rested her head on his chest. "Night Buck" she smiled as she nuzzled her face into the crook of his neck.

A/N

This one was a bit short, I hope you liked it regardless! I might write another part to this story or just write some one shots at the end. Let me know what you think <3

WORD COUNT: 1156

TFATWS: CHANGEजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें