PT4: The Vials

The warm water of the shower rushed over Y/N's body. She looked over her cuts on her skin as they began to heal into scars. She thought for a moment that she could actually feel her cells mutating as they healed her cuts. The tipped her head back and let the water wash out the bubbles.

Y/N wrapped the towel around her and began to dry her hair with the other one in her hand. She walked out of her en-suite into her room in Zemo's safehouse where she looked out the window to see the sun setting gracefully over the buildings. She quickly changed into her sweatpants-shorts and a loose fitted t-shirt and some soft socks. She put her hair into a towel and then grabbed her book. She sat on the white sheets of her bed as she began to flip through the pages. Down stairs she could hear the sounds of the men talking. She would've joined them but after the past few days she was too tired to argue with any of them. Instead, Y/N just stayed where she was, trying to relax. Every few minutes she could hear sections of their conversation. She just ignored them still.

After Y/N had read for an hour the house became quiet. She placed her book on the bedside table and clicked the warm lamp off. She snuggled into her bed and drifted off to sleep. After about an hour she stirred in her sleep, waking herself up. She crawled out of her bed and made her way downstairs for a glass of water. When she got to the kitchen she saw Bucky sat at the counter.

"Hey"

Bucky turned around to look at her and gave her a soft smile as she rubbed at her face. Y/N grabbed a glass and poured her some water into the glass. She could feel Bucky's gaze on her slightly. She spun around and caught his eye before he could look away. She smiled and took a sip from her drink.

"So why are you up then?" She asked the man sat in front of her. He looked at her for a second as if he was debating telling the truth or not.

"Nightmares" He simply replied. Y/N just looked at him before nodding understandably.

"Have they not improved then?"

"Not really"

Another thoughtful nod.

"Well if you ever need me to just sit with you, just wake me up. I'm a quick sleeper so I wont mind" Y/N offered with a smile before walking away before he could protest her help. Just as she was about to leave he spoke up.

"Thank you, Y/N"

-----------

Y/N woke up early the next morning and quickly got changed into her clothes, hoping to be the first one up

Y/N woke up early the next morning and quickly got changed into her clothes, hoping to be the first one up. She pulled on a black ribbed vest top and leather trousers. She slipped her gun holster over her shoulders and pulled on her combat boots. She grabbed her leather jacket but just held it in her hands. She walked down the stairs, hoping to be alone, but instead she was met with three men sat eating cereal.

"Morning sleepy head" Sam joked as she rolled her eyes.

"I thought I'd be the first one up" she mumbled grumpily as she poured herself a cup of coffee.