OS: Becoming an Avenger

Y/N remembered meeting the avengers for the first time when she arrived back in America. She shook everyone's hands. She liked them all. She saw Bruce again; accept now he had a friend. A rather green one. She liked Steve the most. He smiled at her and instantly liked her. She would train with him a lot. She had similar abilities to him, both of them having enhanced strength and healing. This meant she knew how to take down someone with super strength. His words that he said to her after two months of training stuck with her forever. "Now no one can ever hurt you again". She didn't know if he meant it in a general way or if he meant it more specifically. She always hoped it meant that no one could take someone away from her again.

She met Sam one day in the car. Nat picked her up for a mission on a highjacked S.H.I.E.L.D. ship. But first they had to pick up Steve. They got in the expensive sports car and drove to the National Mall. As they pulled up on the side of the road, Y/N saw Steve stood talking to a man who was sat against a tree. The man stood up and flashed a smile before looking at the car.

"Hey Fellas. Either one of you know where the Smithsonian is? I'm here to pick up a fossil." Y/N smirked at Nat's words. The man crouched down to look into the window of the car.

"How you doing?" He smirked playfully. "Hey" Nat replied, mirroring his tone. Y/N smiled and nodded her head in a greeting manner. Steve turned to smile at Y/N once she climbed into the back seat, giving Steve the front seat. "Thanks" he smiled.

"Can't run everywhere" Steve joked to the man.

"No you can't" smiled the man from the curb. Nat revved the car and sped of down the street.

Once they got to the ship, Y/N began to extract the hostages. She used her shape shifting abilities to enter the room in which they were being held and take each guard out one by one. She then led them all out onto life boats to get them to safety. Y/N was nearly always on extraction missions to begin with. She then progressed to any mission where being able to be someone completely different was a useful and required skill.

After the successful mission, Y/N left for Europe where she went undercover in Italy to take down an illegal drug ring that was springing up all over the world, all from the main base in Italy. Y/N later learned of the events of The Winter Soldier. She was too late to help but she ended up sticking with Fury to help him with cleaning up the mess that HYDRA made. When she wasn't doing that, she was helping Sam and Steve find Bucky Barnes, AKA The Winter Soldier.