Chapter 1

Isha opened her eyes as morning sun rays tickled her face. Her mother had opened curtains of window which was in front of her bed. 

Isha Deshpande was like a typical girl next door. Except the fact that she belonged to a powerful wealthy and politically influential family. But not for a second she felt like she belonged where she was.

"It's only 7:30. Please let me sleep" Isha was irritated.

"Nai. agar tumhari shadi hui abhi to kya hoga tumhara? waha aise nahi chalega" Sunetra, her mother, said.

Isha opened her eyes and sat up on bed.

"Aisi typical baate kyu karni hai tumhe maa. Bore mat karo subah subah" Isha retorted.

"College jana hai ya nahi tumhe?" Her mother asked.

"Jati hoon." Isha rolled her eyes and stood up to get ready.

"Aur thik se tayyar hona. Ghar me jaisi hoti ho waisi hi college jati ho. Kaise kar leti ho?" Sunetra said.

Isha ignored. Her mother left and she took a sigh of relief.

She was simple. Liked to look, dress, talk and overall stay simple. This was exact contradictory to her mother. Isha and her mother, Sunetra, were like two different poles. Far from each other and very different. Her mother never liked Isha's simple choices. She felt that Isha's overall behavior is very basic and plain. And Isha found her mother's choices very fancy and bold. 

She took a bath and decided to wear her favorite kurta and matching leggings. She knew her mother wouldn't like it but she didn't care.

She stood in front of mirror and wondered why her mother doesn't approve of her dressing sense? She was wearing a pretty white coloured kurta and dark pink coloured leggings with matching dupatta. A smile came on her lips when her own heart approved of what she was wearing. Indeed she was a beautiful girl. Fair complexion, dark brown eyes, long straight hair till her waist. Overall she had all the stereotypical traits people found 'beautiful'.

She wore her favorite jhumkas and did a little makeup. Applied very thin eyeliner and mascara. A very little amount of nude pink coloured lipstick and she was ready to go.!

She came down stairs. Her father, Rajat, and her Grandmother, shanti, were sitting around dining table whilst having morning tea.

"Kaise rehti ho Isha? Dhang ke kapde kyu nahi pehnane hote tumhe?" Sunetra came there and asked.

"Maa maine dhang ke hi kapde pehne hai. Mujhe pasand hai agar aapko pasand nahi hai to koi baat nahi." Isha replied.

"Haan. Bahot sundar lag rahi hai Isha. Hamesha ki tarah." Her father smiled.

"Har roj kyu tum dono ka yeh jhgda hota hai?" Isha's Dadi asked.

"Maa ji. Main iske acche ke liye hi bolti hoon. Apne umar ke ladkiyo jaisi kyu nahi rehti yeh?" Sunetra asked. "Hum orthodox log bilkul nahi hai jo bolte hai ki sirf suit pehno aur jeans mat pehno vagera. Hum bol rahe hai fir bhi isko pehnana nahi hai. Pehli hi ladki hogi aisi."

"Agar usko nahi pasand to kyu jor de rahi ho?" Dadi asked.

Sunetra took a pause. "Iske shadi ki fikar hai mujhe."

Isha's breath hitched. She became nervous. And there was a big reason behind it.

"Iske shadi ki chinta kyu hai tumhe? Raja ji aaye the aur bachpan me isko dekhke bole ki hamare bete ke liye hum ise hi bahu banayenge." Dadi recalled."Unhone tab hi bata diya tha. Juban bhi di thi.aur yeh log jubaanke bade pakke hote hai"