Falling

(Y/N)'s POV:

I left the Brooklyn lodging house, making sure to watch my surroundings. I decided to go up to the roof of the Manhattan lodging house so that Jack would think I fell asleep up there. I laid down thinking about everything that just happened, Spot took care of me. He really did care about me, I just wished I liked him enough to know if I really liked him. I also don't think my brother would approve of this.

I fell asleep for about thirty minutes before Jack showed up to the rooftop looking for me. When he spotted me he sat down beside me and noticed the cut on my throat immediately.

"What? Happened?!" He was stern but I could see the concern in his eyes.

"T-the Delancey's, I left last night to take a walk because I couldn't sleep and they attacked me. I was able to clean it up and patch it up for a while but I slept up here so you wouldn't worry. I'm really sorry Jack."

My brother didn't respond; he just embraced me into a hug that was warm and loving. I really did have the best brother ever.

"Well you'se better get ready fo' da day, only if you'se feels like it, but I'se would love fo' ya ta come sell with me today. Unless you'se wants ta partner up with Race because I'se could tell y'all were becoming friends."

"Yeah, uh, sounds like fun." I faked a smile and went to get ready.

(Y/N)'s POV:

I was at the circulation gate getting my papers with Race because we agreed to sell together. We headed out towards his usual spot that stops at the Brooklyn Bridge, giving me an idea.

"Hey Race? Can I tell you something?"

"Uh, yeah soir, what is it?" He sold about 5 papers as we talked.

"I can trust you not to tell any of this to my brother right?"

"Oh come on Fox, jus' tell me." He talked in a pleading baby voice.

"Oh, so I'm guessing the name stuck?" I smirked and he rolled his eyes, making me chuckle a little. "Okay, okay, fine." I told him everything that happened with the Delancey's and how Spot saved me.

"So's what? Ya thinks ya likes 'im?" The blonde kid raised an eyebrow at me making my face flush pink.

"I-I don't really know yet, maybe? But you can't tell Jack, he would kill me and Spot both."

"You'se wants me ta go ova'ta Brooklyn wit ya don't ya?"

"Please, I need your help. I feel like I should at least thank him, nothing more nothing less. I'm not ready to tell him how I feel."

"Okay fine, I'll come. But if Jack catches us I'se is blamin' you."

I smirked at him, "who says we will get caught?"

"I'se really don' like it when you'se does dat." He lit his cigar and stuck it in his mouth as I led him across the bridge.

We snuck passed all the Brooklyn Newsies, even though most of them were selling and not paying attention. I led him into the "throne room" of Spot Conlon but I quickly pushed him into a small crack between two crates.

"HEY WHAT WAS DAT-" I slapped my hand over his mouth and made a motion for him to be quiet.

I peeked my head out of the crack and watched as Spot was fighting with none other than the Delancey brothers.

"Hey! I'se da King 'round here! Last time I'se checked you'se two woiked in 'Hattan and have no business being in Brooklyn. This is my toif!" Spot looked furious with the brothers, his face was bright red.