Chapter Twenty Three:

Start from the beginning

“Aw, that is so sweet,” Carly teased as she poked her cheeks, “Is that a blush I see?”

“Shut up,” Georgina giggled as she pushed Carly’s hands away, “Stop it!”

“That is the biggest blush I have ever seen,” She said, trying to pinch her cheeks. 

Gordon Matthews walked down the hallway with a sour look on his face.  If you looked closely you could still see the purple paint that was speckled on his forehead and hair.  He looked up and felt anger pulsate through him when he was greeted with the sight of both Georgina and Carl teasing each other.  That’s my girl...He seethed.  This was an incorrect thought, Georgina had broken up with Gordon a few months back but he was still in denial.  Even when Georgina’s current boyfriend, Mark, had threatened to beat him within an inch of his life if he ever came near her. 

Not a logical thought processed in Gordon’s head as he marched towards the two of them.  Georgina noticed him first, her eyes rounding in confusion when she saw his face red with anger.  She opened her mouth to warn Carl but gasped instead when she saw Gordon grab the back of his collar and slam him into a locker. 

Carly gritted her teeth and winced as her back flared with pain, her hand going up in instinct and wrapping around the ones that held the front of her shirt collar.  She tugged on the hands, whimpering slightly when his knuckles dug into her collarbone and he lifted her from the ground.  There was a crowd around them now, split with one side shouting angry comments at Gordon and the other egging him on, hungry for a fight. 

“Gordon let go of him!”  Georgina shouted angrily as she kicked him on the shin.

“What do you think you’re doing with my girl?”  Gordon all but growled. 

Carly really couldn’t help herself, his angry face annoyed her, “Your girl?  I think you’d find that she dumped you a few months back.  Not my fault your puny brain can’t comprehend that fac-”

Gordon cut her off by throwing her to the ground, the air knocked out of her lungs as she fell rather harshly onto the ground. 

“CARLY!”  Nobody has ever heard Jasper shout so loudly in their entire lives, Carly included.  It seemed to tear out of his throat and reverberate throughout the whole corridor. 

Gordon looked up in confusion, only to be met with a fist slamming into his face.  Carly watched with wide eyes as Jasper swung his fist forward and punched Gordon right on his cheek.  Everything seemed to go in slow motion for everyone.  Jasper’s shirt lifted slightly from how fast he moved, his face set in the most enraged expression ever seen engraved on his face.  They all winced when they heard his fist make impact, stepping back when Gordon’s body was airborne for a second before crashing to the ground. 

All was silent, a girl furiously chewed on her chewing gum in excitement, “That.  Was.  Awesome,” She breathed, her chewing never stopping its fast pace. 

“Picking on a girl!”  Jasper seethed as he stared venomously at Gordon who was clutching his cheek and moaning in pain.  “You make me sick.”

“Girl?” “Did he just say girl?” “But he was only picking on Carl.”  Confusion bubbled in the audience as they sent questioning looks towards both Jasper and Carly. 

“You son of a bitch!”  Callum hissed as he walked past Carly and made his way towards Gordon.  Jasper turned and wrapped his arms around Callum, holding him back so that he wouldn’t do anything drastic like he himself had done.  Liam moved towards Carly, a concerned frown on his face as he helped her up, “You okay?”  She nodded her head.