again, you do as he says and look up at your bound wrists. you see the same blinking light and you look back at shigaraki with a suspicious look. "i see it. what are you getting at?" you ask.

"oh i wanna tell her!" the girl with space buns says. no one says anything so she squeals, looking at you. "you see y/n, if you use your quirk, then your friend will die!" she says cheerfully.

your eyes widen as you inhale a shaky breath. you turn to see bakugo with his eyes wide as well. you look at the blinking light right next to his head then back at your restraints.

"to give you more context, those lights signal your movements. more specifically, your quirk movements. if your quirk shows any signs of activating, bakugo's chair will produce heavy amounts of lightning, electrocuting him to his death." kurogiri explains.

your mouth slightly parts as you take in his words. your mind flashes images of bakugo getting electrocuted, him screaming in pain. you gulp as you advert your eyes to bakugo who's just staring at you with an unreadable expression.

"how sad. you'll technically be killing him with your own quirk." the villain with red hair says. you stay silent as you stare at the villains with a slight glare.

"well start talking. what the hell do you want with us?" you ask, getting impatient.

꧁꧂

"y/n? what about her?" midoriya asks as todoroki grabs a chair and sits in front of midoriya.

"i've been noticing things. so i just want to ask you." todoroki stars. midoriya turns so he's facing todoroki completely. "um okay?"

"midoriya, how do you feel about y/n?"

midoriya stares at todoroki with a confused expression. "how do i feel about her? well, she's a great friend-"

"don't try to play dumb. you and i both know what i'm talking about." todoroki cuts him off.

midoriya gulps as he stays silent. "you-you mean like... like.."

"do you like y/n?"

there's the million dollar question that makes midoriya freeze. he feels all the cogs in his body stop. it's like someone just pressed his off button.

it took you being captured for him to really look back on you two's relationship. with how sick he feels about you being gone, he reluctantly starts to piece things together.

he knew his mind was starting to fog with thoughts of you. he knew that when you walked into a room, he would feel his heart beat faster than usual.

even if there was a number of people entering that room with you, his eyes would stare at you and only you.

he knew that you and him were opposites in so many ways. him being cheerful and you being monotone. him smiling and you scowling.

but yet, you're so.. so irresistible to him. it doesn't matter how much you'll give him the silent treatment or how many times you'll push him away.

he'll always crawl back to you.

he wants to crawl back to you.

he loves that challenge.

how you make him work for it.

and boy does midoriya love to work for what he wants.

he knew that when you started warming up to him, that smile and laugh you gave him when you two were alone, when you're fighting together, training together.