XIV: THE STONE TABLE

Chapter Fourteen: The Stone Table

~•~•~

Amaryllis' POV

"Aslan knows that unless I have blood, as the law demands, All of Narnia will be overturned and perish in fire and water." The White Witch declared looking over to me and Edmund "That boy and that witch will die on the stone table... As is tradition." she looks back at Aslan "You dare not refuse me."

My mind suddenly became blank I shut my eyes hard, and as I open it a flash of unknown memories flashing through my eyes.

"This shall be done, Aslan." A voice that sounds just like me echoed through my ears, No... It is me... As if I am the one that is actually talking. Even though she's raising her voice, it still sounds more womanly and graceful.

"It will be worse if you leave Narnia," Aslan said walking back and forth in front of her.

She sighed "If only you could see what I saw. We fought but we lose. All our creations, our people, and hard work perished in just a blink of an eye." She walks towards the glass window where I saw her reflection.

She was so beautiful... Her fair skin looks si smooth, Her dark brown eyes are so mesmerizing as if it has a life on its own, her reddish lips, Her silky onyx wavy hair that falls to her waist. She's the very same image as what I have seen in her photograph but without the dust and worn-out colour.

She looks nothing like me,

"And how could she possibly be that powerful," said Aslan who now walks beside her.

"I have no idea. And I also have no idea why the emperor, who gave us life let it happen."

"There must be a reason," said Aslan

"A reason? Definitely. The Emperor is against Narnia since the very beginning. Giving us law to perish with Deep Magic and even appointed the witch as executor!" The Enchantress spat

"How do you know your plan would work?" The great lion asked.

"It will. We aged together, I never experienced being a child, I never failed. And I never will."

Suddenly, another flash of light met my eyes making me shut my eyes again.

"Enough, Amaryllis." I heard Aslan spoke. I opened my eyes and met curious and questioning eyes. I looked over to the Pevensies and even they, are looking at me weirdly. What did I do? Did they saw the memory too?

"I shall talk to you alone," said Aslan to the White Witch.

What happened? I wanna ask the Pevensies but they are looking away.

Aslan walks back to his tent, Jadis followed him after but as she walks past me she whispered "I will get rid of you"

When both she and Aslan were inside everyone was silent. I want to know why were they looking at me just a few seconds ago. But my tongue seems to back away so I walked to the corner, the curiosity oozed me to whisper a spell to hear Aslan and Jadis' conversation from inside the tent.

"That is a great offer, Aslan. I don't want to waste the opportunity but two lives cannot be traded by one." I heard the witch say. What was she talking about? Trade lives? with who?

"What do you want?" says Aslan.

"What if I spare the Son of Adam's blood since the witch is not that big of a help for you, is she?" The White Witch response.