Chapter 6: Cyborg, in SPACE

Saitama yawned as he watched Raphtalia run through a field. He watched her chase down some monsters, hacking and slashing away at them. In Saitama's opinion, it was a rather calm day. Saitama gave Raphtalia a thumbs up as she presented her newest kill. It was some kind of monstrous porcupine.

He let Raphtalia continue with going at the monsters. He started to space out again. While he didn't express it, he was feeling a little off. When he had the time, he liked to think about what's happening back home. If everyone's okay and if his apartment is still standing. He wondered if his friends were at his home, wondering where he was. Most importantly, he wanted to know if Genos was okay. He seemed to always be damaged in some way. He sighed, deciding on thinking about something less saddening.

Unknown to him, Genos was also thinking about Saitama. Although he had more ferocity as he zoomed through the black abyss of space. About when Saitama had fought in the coal pit, Genos and Dr.Kuseno had developed a small vessel that Genos could use to find his master.

The vessel itself was just taller than Genos. It was shaped like a diamond with a bulky chassis. Some ports had thrusters protruding out of it with cameras and scanners poking out of other areas. It had a single sliding door with a darkened windowpane. It was colored darkly, a deep gray metallic. 

They had set up a launch zone within a forest clearing. It was just a few computers and a 2-foot high cement launch pad. Genos stopped looking at the vessel they had made and glanced towards Dr.Kuseno. Though he didn't show it, he was curious as to what Dr.Kuseno was doing. He assumed he was coding a predetermined launch path out of the atmosphere. Genos went back to examining the vessel, remembering the controls of the small metal pod.

"It has a recharging station and repair station built-in." Genos glanced towards Dr.Kuseno as he walked up to him. "Do not worry about power, the integrated solar panels will power it when it determines that it is safe to do so." Kuseno was now standing beside Genos, the two looking at the vessel. "There's also headgear that will connect to your torso. It affects as armor and will protect your head from the vacuum of space."

Dr.Kuseno bit his tongue. He was scared. Scared of making a defective ship. Scared of never seeing Genos ever again. It goes without saying that they consider one another family. They care for each other as much as any other parent and son would, maybe more. Genos noticed the sweat on Kuseno's forehead.

"Do not worry, doctor. I will be safe." Genos turned to look at him completely. "And I will come back with my master." The two looked at each other. Genos had determination bleeding for every word he spoke. It made Kuseno proud, but it also made him scared. He didn't want to see Genos disappointed, but he had to relent.

Dr.Kuseno nodded, "It can only enter and exit orbit three times, including leaving Earth. After that, it will have to repair itself, but I don't know how long that'll take." He paused to let the information sink in. When Genos nodded, he continued. "It has an onboard AI that will help you pilot the ship and analyze any planets you may encounter." The door to the vessel opened. Dr.Kuseno gestured Genos to enter. "I will be launching now. And please, do come back in one piece." He walked off to the computers as the door closed in front of Genos.

Genos had remembered that event as clear as day. That was a week ago. Genos had been traveling for a long time. The only clue as to where to go was an odd element that some planets have.

When Genos had given Dr.Kuseno the book that Saitama was holding when he disappeared he found something on it. It was some kind of foreign element. Its properties were similar to radiation, but by itself, had no ways of harming. After further analysis, he had found that some worlds have a similar element, if not the same thing. The scanners would pick up on these traces and bring him towards that planet.