'if only you knew that i was alone too. still am'

"you know they left for a good reason, right?" you say. kota's glare fades for a quick second before it hardens again. "what's that supposed to mean?" he yells.

you stare at him for a moment before looking up at the sky, taking a deep breath. "listen kid, i would be going against my own advice if i were to dump some sorry words onto you. just let someone show you. let them open your eyes and make you realize why heroes do what they do." you say.

kota's glare disappears as he stares at you. "it can be tonight, tomorrow or the next year. you'll eventually know why we do what we do. there'll be that someone who will show you." you say.

you take another deep breath before looking down at the small kid with a blank expression. "maybe that person will be me. who knows." is all you say before you turn around and walk to the dorms.

                                    ꧁꧂

"it's time for an awesome test of courage! we're gonna win!" mina cheers as kirishima, kaminari, sero and sato cheer in the background.

"not so fast. it pains me to say this, but the remedial class will be having extra lessons with me tonight." aizawa's bored voice rings out.

all five of their expressions drop as they walk behind aizawa with depressed auras. you shake your head as you stuff your hands back in your pockets.

"okay! so class b is going to start as our scarers. when they're in place, class a will lead in pairs every three minutes. there are tags with your names on them at the end of the route. your goal is to collect those! now those who are scaring aren't allowed to make physical contact with the pairs. use your quirks to scare others, got it?" pixie-bob explains.

"the winners are the most creative students who make the most people piss their pants!" tiger adds.

"did we really need that visual?" jirou says in disgust.

"alright! everyone draw to see who your partners will be!" pixie-bob as she holds up multiple strips of paper.

everyone grabs a piece of paper and start to group up with their pair. you grab a strip of paper and flip it to see the number 8.

you look around to see everyone paired except a single green-haired boy. you smile small as you make your way to midoriya.

"izuku. i take it your number 8?" you ask. said boy turns to you and nods, flipping his strip of paper that indeed shows the number 8.

"hm. how convenient." you say as you flip your strip with your pointer and middle finger. midoriya's eyes widen as a smile breaks out onto his face "we're together! that's a relief."