What is going on?

My second day in the Resistance was somewhat normal I guess. Everyone was having breakfast and happily conversing with each other. A few more zombies came through during all this which was still very surprising but I tried to fight myself. I didn't do too bad but I could have done better. It seemed to settle down a bit for the time being so I took this time to go for a small walk around the property to get used to the area so I don't get that confused when walking around later on. I don't stray too far as to not get lost as the area was still new. Noise could be heard coming from the building as well as people seen running into the building. I headed back to see what was going on.

When I got inside, I saw a group of people surrounding the bottom of the stairs, a few on it. The ones on the stairs were talking to someone that was up there, and sounded kind of like they were negotiating. Suddenly the people at the bottom of the stairs separated as a body came tumbling down, and then another, and another until the stairs were cleared. The bodies were quickly picked up and brought to Medics and other healers. I took this chance to sneak up the stairs to see who was up there and why the others were negotiating with them. When I reached the top, I got onto my hands and knees to be a little lower as to not be detected by whoever is up there. I peeked around the corner to see two men holding a girl hostage.

One of the men was wearing a grass skirt with shorts underneath, a Hawaiian shirt, flower necklace, a grass hat and holding a fish...in his hand...odd. The other man was wearing a long Tunic that went to his knees, a long leather hip peace that also went to his knees on the one side and mid thigh on the other and a strange head peace that had feathers and...bull...horns? What in the world? Who are these guys and why are they holding this woman? This woman looked mortified, her red dress, black vest and big round glasses disheveled. Probably from the men forcing her upstairs. She was struggling a lot trying to get out of their grips as the grass skirt guy wiggled the fish in her face and the horned guy chuckling and pointing at her every now and then. As I'm watching this unfold, figuring out what I should do, someone from the bottom of the stairs finally noticed me upstairs and called up. "Hey! Recruit! Get down from there, it isn't safe!" The two men looked in my direction, staring me directly in the eyes. I stood up quickly, holding a defensive stance ready to just say fuck it and run in there and grab her.

The grass skirt guy looked at me, chuckled and looked at the other man and said, "Look at this tiny thing! I think it wants to fight us or something!" He began to laugh as the horned guy looks at me confused and just says, "HueHueCoyotl? (pronounced 'WeeWeeKojo')" I let my arms down a bit, tilting my head confused before the guy who said actual words nodded. I guess that was some kind of signal because the next thing I knew, the weird one pulls a fucking dagger out of his sleeves before charging me. I blocked only one of his attacks before he stabs me right in the gut. I looked up at him, a sick grin on his face as my vision blackens.

I'm abruptly brought back at the bottom of the stairs. I huff in annoyance at how easily he took me down. I stood up and went for the stairs again. Someone tried holding me but I easily slipped away from them with ease and went right back up. That odd one was at the top of the stairs staring down as if he was already expecting someone to come up again. He wasn't wrong to do so. People probably would in all honesty. That same grin he had before I passed out in a near death experience was plastered on his face when he saw me match back up those stares, a determined look on my face. Grass skirt guy called over upon hearing my heavy footsteps stomping their way up. "HueHueCoyotl! Who is that?" The guy who I now know as HueHueCoyotl looked over and waved him off in a 'It's fine' manner. I took the chance while he wasn't looking to attack. I got a few hits before he turned around with a chuckle, looking me dead in the eyes before pulling out his dagger again and stabbing me. My lifeless body falling halfway down the stairs before being revived right there. I got back up those stairs and stood in front of the two. "First off! Who the fuck are you people?! And second! Give this random person back! To! The! Resistance!!" I huffed out an exaggerated sigh staring the two down, arms crossed.