part 4 - A bad day

The Troublesome night was over quickly and a new dawn cracked onto the horizon , this time the morning wasn't as pleasant as usual and heavy rain clouds have formed in seconds letting it rain like crazy on the unfortunate gang members. While some of them didn't mind getting soaked to the bone or continue sleeping in the puddles forming on the ground arin was someone who hated and despised bad weather tho she sat in her small tent caged just to sit there and watch how even the last bit of dry earth gave into the soaking water. Watching the sky darken with each passing second she just then gave in and decided that she would need to watch after her horse since the stallion was easily scared by thunder. Arin left the tent and immediately got soaked to the bone as if it was emptying buckets from above. She sighs and pulled her hat deeper in face to avoided the rain getting in it and made her way over to the horses just to discover hers wasn't among them and an empty spot in it's place, nervously she started calling out for him fearing her might have ran off. Knowing he couldn't have gotten that far and that he'd come to her once she would call for him she made her way out of the camp and trailing along the river trying to spot her companion. Thunder was rolling in the distance and arin was far away from camp , not having noticed how long she was searching by now. As the first thunder struck Arin was seeking shelter and cursing herself for being so stupid and careless. Why didn't she mentioned to anyone of her new companions she was out searching her lost horse? She could have at least told someone but no she had to wander off alone and getting lost in the middle of nowhere.

Arin had seen maps of her surroundings before and guessing from the point she started and the direction she took she must be somewhere near strawberry now, but that didn't helped her case because she still hasn't found her horse yet and the thunderstorm was going all out by now. Lighting was flashing across the sky and for a few seconds lighting the surrounding area up like daylight. This gave arin the chance to spot a few rotten sheds between the trees who would be a good place to take shelter even if they could Barely be called sheds anymore by the shape they took in years of abandonment. She quickly made her way over to them, not thinking twice and just wanting to get out if the goodamn rain before she'd catch a cold. The door bursted open with a crack as the modly wood gave into the slightest force applied and arin proceeded to step into the shed. The roof was still intact and even some of the windows were still in one piece with a few holes were the wind could be heard chiming through in a low tone- good enough! The young outlaw shut the door swiftly behind her and let out a long deep sigh of frustration, arin tents to despise anything that could make her seem weak or placed her into the situation were she'd be asking for help. She walked across the creaky old floorboards and sat down in a corner of the room and took of her hat and brushed a hand through her damp hair. Arin's clothes were sticking to her skin and it felt disgusting- the fabric soaked and feeling like the got dipped in a river. At least she had her guns and ammunition along with the few tools she always carried around one of them happening to be a few matches since she tents to smoke. Grabbing a broken lamp from one of the dusty shelfs arin attempts to light the candle with the matchstick she got and after a few attempts the small sound of the fire being lit and the sight of the candle lighting up filled the almost empty room. Arin placed the lamp on the floor infront of her and held her hands out to catch some warthm from the small flame, as little as it gave her while the rain proceeded to come down from the heavens even harder and the wind bringing more thunder. "Fuck.... fucking hell...." she mumbled to herself for being in this situation and closed her eyes. She couldn't do anything about it now and just had to wait out the storm and then go back to camp and maybe ask for help this time by finding her still missing stallion. Minutes passed and arin began to relax a bit as her hands were warming up and her clothes drying up- there was no reason to be worried after all. It was just bad weather and she surley would easily find her way back. So she thought until a loud crack interrupted her train of thiking as she registered the shadows outside the shed and footsteps moving around- shit.