part 3 - desperado

( Gore/ Body horror warning! )

After Arin was done attending to kieran and came back to camp she immediately went to sleep trying to avoid running into micah after she hurt his pride- probably- again. It was getting dark and the sinking sun dipped the sky into a beautiful orange as it slowly disappeared behind the mountains in the distances hurdling the night into a deep endless blue with a million of stars being stretched over the world. Arin approached her tent- unlike some others hers was more prominent standing on a wooden platform, decorated with fluffy furrs and even with additional heater. Some could argue the posh luxurious lifestyle of arin's childhood never really left her fully so she always tried to get the bit extravagance she had in her new way of living, tho she would never admit it. She kicked of her wet boots soaked from the river and got rid of some clothes to change into something more comfortable and light to wear. After that her head hit her pillow with a deep sigh feelin exhausted from the day even she couldn't figure out why- it got quiet outside and arin closed her eyes adjusting her blanket and let her mind drift off to nothingness. This was when her dream usually started...

Arin was in the middle of the desert, the sun burning from a bright blue sky with no civilisation in sight as far as the eye could see. The warm air was softly brushing around her cheeks and the wind blew the smell of cacti and dust in her direction... it was calming and peaceful. A few buzzards were flying in the sky above her but they were pretty much the only living beings around her not counting the dead tumbleweeds on the dusty ground. Arin sighs- this dream, while not new to her was always strange. She could choose a direction and run for miles on end without finding anything... no house .... no humans... just endless nothingness. The more arin would run into a direction the more thicker the air would get, the less breatherbable it would seem and her chest would start to ache with anxiety rising within her. She would stumble and hit the hot sand and her vision would flicker, the shapes of the little bit of nature around her would melt and if she got up she wouldn't be any further from the point she started. Sand would itch on her skin and the sun burning holes into her head , this wasn't a good dream for her it was a nightmare. A nightmare arin was used to by now. She would stay on the spot were she'd first appeared and just sit down in the sand or on a dusty rock and watch the buzzards above her flying in circles. If she did that her dream usually ended or changed so it was over soon. Arin had no idea why she had this dream not did she care much to find out.

The other dream she had this night was more unusual than the other- far more rare... far more disturbing. Arin would be in the middle of a dark room lit by a red flickering light. It would sting in her eyes and made her cover her face with her arm which always proved her undoing. She felt the muscles of her arm tug upwards, the muscles used under her armpit... she could feel them way to well. It was then when she saw it everything below her collarbone was stripped- stripped of any skin or flesh her ribcage out in the open with all the organs missing... all except her beating heart which was thumping ahead unbothered as if it was still warped into the protected shell of flesh. Arin mostly just felt a shuddering heat and numbness in that moment... it wasn't pain just fear, pure fear and horror. She felt exposed and unable to move or speak. Her throat dry and seemingly blocked to prevent her from making a noise. It was quiet just the beating of her heart filled the room but it was usually then and only then when this nightmare ended as well.

Arin woke up with inhale of air shooting upwards from her bed with a loud crack from the wooden frame. She hunched over slightly and pressed both hands onto each other and on her chest to calm her rapidly beating heart. She hated this kind of nightmare she would endure every few days and it annoyed her beyond relief. It took away her sleeping assets and made the nights worse than they sometimes already were. Arin slapped a hand on her forehead and groaned, she hated this , despised being "one of those" those frail girls with nightmares who would shake like scared deer at night whimpering like squirrels. Arin shook her head and decided to get some needed fresh air. She stepped outside to feel the earth and grass already soggy from the slight fogg who was trailing like a white blanket draped over the ground who would only rise once morning came around. Arin moved towards the table in the middle of the camp- no one in sight except for one of the camp members guarding the entrance but she didn't bother to figure out who it was. She sat down on the creaky wooden stool and looked around- everyone was presumably asleep and she glanced over some sleeping figures on the ground near the still lit fireplace. Arin didn't had the chance to bond with everyone here yet but she would surely do so the next day. She let out a huff and laid her head on the cold wood of the Table taking a few deep breaths, hoping to forget those annoying and useless torturerous nightmares she was having for no reason except another bother in her life. It was then when the thud of a heavy glass bottle being place reather roughly on the table brought back her attention and made her eyes dart up to the person who dared to be so careless. A pair of muddy blue eyes starred down at her with a dirty grinn following them along. "Micah...." arin moaned annoyed and lifted her head with the littlelest effort as if it was too heavy. "I forgot....you don't sleep... or so was I told. Fuck. Here I was thinking I could be alone" she mumbled towards the blonde with a sleepy glare. "Ohhhhh ~ did I disturbed the princess in her beauty sleep?" He scoffed sitting dow next to her "I'm not the one looking like a zombie- ya look worse than a pile of shit" he added and proceeded to lean back and put his dirty boots on the table. ".... said the man who smells like a rat and looks like he hasn't washed himself since the day he came out of his mama" arin spat and sat up properly to gain some intimidation. Micah pouted sarcastically and opened the bottle in his hand taking a swig of the liquid inside. "Ouch- I'm soooo hurt" he chimed and grinned after taking another sip. Arin starred at him with a mixture between disgust and interest "gimme a swig" she proceeded to snatch the bottle and took a deep gulp of the liquor before micah ripped the bottle out if her hand again. "Get your own damn drink midget!" He cursed holding the bottle protectively. Arin rolled her eyes "jesus fuck what a manchild" she hissed and laid back in her stool. "Hey ain't my problem ya having bad dreams ~ no reason to steal my shit... or do you need someone to hold you and comfort you eh?~" micah cooed towards her and arin bit her lip at his remark. "How the fuck do ya know?! Have you been stalking me and watching me sleep-" she accused him angrily. Micah lifted his hands doing his innocent schtick again "no no , I don't do that- I just heard ya waking up with that ugly gasp and now ya here looking like my dead grandma sk I just thought ya had a bad dream" he defended himself while slowly drinking another swig from his bottle his lips curling into a grinn. "Fuck you. As if you are so smart" arin barked and grabbed micah by his collar "if you tell anyone about this- I cut your dick off!" She threatened him with a glare. Micah reacted quickly then, being threated in his pride by this girl for the third time was making him feel something he wasn't sure if he enjoyed or hated but he definitely was going to do something about it. He snatched her wrist and made a quick motion pressing the other down on the table.

Arin was too dazed until she realized what just happened. Her back was pushed onto the table , she was awkwardly bend on it her feet barely touching the floor. This position did hurt and it definitely tested her spine as micah pinned her onto it without leaving her an option to move without it hurting. She let out a gasp of air and let her head hit the cold wood once again to realase some pain in this angle but this just made it easier for micah who had both of her arms pinned with one of his hands by applying force to them the other slowly approaching her waist as he chuckled deeply at the sudden change of power. "You.... little bitch. Keep testing the waters eh? You're on thin ice but you keep trying to provoke do you? How nasty- you're so cocky to even dare the things you do" he hissed and pressed his palm into her waist. Arin grunted and shoot daggers at him with her eyes "what the fuck are you doing? You ugly bastard-" she spat trying to come up with a clever insult but the pain in her spine making her unable to come up with any. Micahs lips curled into a smile once more as he inched closer to arins face with his like he did a day before. "I don't like being disrespected. Especially by a woman... ya know what I usually do with brats like you?" He said in a low voice and let his hand slide down from her waist to her thigh "I f-" he started but got cut off as someone grabbed him by his neck making him gag on his words and he got pulled back forcefully by a strong hand. Arin took a deep feeling the weight being lifted off her and she immediately snatched up to release the tension in her spine, after that she looked up to see Micah was withering on the ground rubbing his face as if he just got punched. "Ya alright?" A familiar voice said and arin made eye contact with her saviour "athur.... it's you-" she sighs relived and smiled "I'm fine-" arin huffed and rubbed her back were the pain was fading. "Micah what the fuck were ya doin!?" Athur was looming over micah with an angry expression. "Why were you harassing the newcomer? Are ya insane? You damn idiot-" he cursed ready to land another hit on micahs face who was already up on his feet again "she was provoking me!" He hissed angrily and dusted the dirt of his clothes "I just wanted to teach her a lesson!" He added and shot a gaze to arin and athur stepped infront of her "I'm sure she didn't meant it- now scram! Before I tell dutch what happened" athur growled and micah rolled his eyes "this ain't over yet-" and proceeded to leave to harass someone else. Athur turned to arin and took of his hat "excuse him he's just a bastard with no manners" athur said with a gaze to the small woman infront of him. Arin just lifted her hand and waved it off "no worries I'm used to it..... uhn.... I'm gonna continue sleeping.... thanks for helping" she said slowly and slipped past athur and quicky disappeared back in he tent. She sat down on the frame and rubbee her Face adjusting what just happened. "Fuck....." she sighs and falls back onto the bed "what a night...." arin curled up on the soft material and grabbed the blanket again hoping to just forget everything that just went down and maybe think of it as another weird reckless dream.