When he gets no response, he looks down to see that the kid has fallen asleep. Tony carefully lifts the kid from the couch and carries him to the Star Wars themed bedroom. After putting him to bed he gently removes Peter's glasses, placing them on the bedside table. He makes sure to leave the lamp on, knowing Peter hates the dark, before heading to his own room.

He can worry about everything tomorrow; he can't make any decisions without Peter's approval anyway. Instead he goes to bed, asleep before his head hits the pillow.

<

><><><><><><><><>

Peter wakes the next morning, feeling slightly disoriented. He remembers his conversation with Mr. Stark, he remembers crying, and he remembers falling asleep. What he doesn't remember is how he managed to get back to his room. Tony must've carried him to bed... again. Peter just shrugs it off before putting on his glasses and moving toward the kitchen.

"Ms. Friday?"

"Yes, Peter?"

"Is Mr. Stark awake yet?"

"Boss is still sleeping. Would you like me to wake him?"

"No, Ms. Friday. That's okay." Peter opens the cabinets and grabs a box of cereal for breakfast. More specifically, Captain Crunch. Every since Tony had found out it was Peter's favorite, he always made sure to keep some in stock. The box literally had Peter's name written on it in marker, meaning it was off limits to everyone but him.

After making his breakfast he goes to the living room, getting comfortable on the sofa and choosing a movie. The beginning theme of Ghostbusters plays quietly, and the movies over halfway through when Tony finally wakes up. The man enters the living room, a hot cup of coffee in his hands.

Peter pauses the movie, turning his attention to Stark.

"Mornin' Mr. Stark."

"Hey kid. Don't you have school today?" Tony asks, still half asleep.

"It's Saturday, Mr. Stark." Peter replies, picking up empty cereal bowl and carrying it to the kitchen sink. After washing his dishes and cleaning up his mess, he moves back to the living room.

"Oh yeah..."

"Is everything okay, sir?"

"Yeah. Everything's fine. I just-" Tony gives a nervous sigh. "Might as well get it over with. Kid, the Avengers will be moving into the tower. They'll each have their own floor, and shouldn't bother you too much. But I just wanted to make sure you were okay with it."

Peter freezes. The Avengers? As in the team of superheroes that saved New York? He isn't entirely sure he's ready, but the hopefull look Mr. Stark is giving him makes his decision easy.

"Mr. Stark, these are your friends. Your family. If you want them here, they should be here."

"You don't have to meet them right away." Tony assures him, sensing the boy's hesitation. "We can wait for that. I know your still adjusting to things here, and I don't want to overwhelm you."

"I wouldn't mind meeting them." Peter replies with a smile. "When are they gonna be here?"

"Monday morning, after you leave for school. I can introduce you all once you get home." Peter just nods, when suddenly it hits him. His field trip to Oscorp is on Monday, and he still hasn't gotten his permission slip signed. To be honest, he had completely forgotten about it.

"Speaking of Monday, my class is takin' a field trip and I kinda need you to sign the permission form..."

"Field trip, huh? Where are you guys going?" Tony asks, propping his feet up on the coffee table as he gets comfortable.

"Oscorp..." Peter mumbles. Tony tenses up slightly, and though he tries to hide it,

Peter notices. "I don't have to go, but Ned told me he didn't wanna go by himself-"

"Then you're going. I'll sign the slip and you'll go on the trip."

"So you're not upset?"

"No Bambi, I'm not upset." Peter sighs in relief and takes the remote, and the movie continues playing.

"Thank you, Mr. Stark."

"Anything for you, Kid."

This chapter is almost completely identical to the original book, because honestly I just like how it was written. Next one should be up soon.

I know I usually update on wednesdays, but I'm on a roll so I'm just gonna post them as I finish.

I love you all!!

Nat