Evillustrator

Days passed, and Marinette was exhausted. Many akumatized victims had come and gone, and getting out to defeat these villains as Ladybug was getting harder. She was glad she was helping protect her people, but being ladybug along with being a princess was hard work. Something was always coming up.

Her handmaidens dressed her as she yawned, and she walked out of the room and down the stairs. Alya ran down the stairs to catch up to her, "Princess, I know you're exhausted, but you're going to be late."

Marinette could barely keep her eyes open as she slumped down the stairs, "What am I late for?" She asked as she rubbed her eyes.

"Oh your highness-" Sang a voice at the bottom of the stairs, "With all due respect, it's quite rude to keep your representatives waiting so long!"

Chloe Bourgeois.

"You're going to open a new museum with the Bourgeois family. The ribbon cutting ceremony? Remember?" Alya said.

Marinette slapped her forehead, at the same time out of frustration and trying to wake herself up, "Alya, you know how much I love the arts, but is there any way we can do this without the Bourgeois?" She asked.

"Sorry miss, I can't help you there. It's only the ribbon cutting and a small tour, then you can sleep the day away." Alya replied.

"Marinette, dear, we're running late already!" Marinette heard her mother calling from the carriage.

Marinette took a deep breath and put on a smile, "Alright! Just a ceremony and a tour. That's all. I can handle this, what's the worst that could happen?" She said as she hurried down the stairs and outside to the carriage, being forced to scoot inside and sit next to Chloe. Neither of us were happy with the situation, so at least the ride to the new museum was quiet.

-----

A crowd of people were standing outside of the entrance to the museum, waving tiny replica flags of the kingdom. As the carriage pulled out front the crowd cheered and the royal family and representatives waved.

The footmen opened the door of the carriage and I stepped out, but something caught on the back of my dress, most likely Chloe's heel, causing Marinette to fall out of the carriage. Luckily a kind soul caught her before she fell face first in mud.

"Are you alright, you highness?" Asked the person who caught her. When Marinette looked up she saw a boy with bright red hair and beautiful eyes. For some reason he seemed to be blushing.

"Oh I'm fine, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to fall." Marinette said, giving Chloe the side eye as the girl in yellow gracefully walked out of the carriage, smirking at the Princess.

As Marinette regained her footing, she looked to the red haired boy, "What is your name, kind sir?" She asked.

"Nathaniel Kurtzberg, your highness. And may I say it's truly an honor to meet you, your highness." The boy said, smiling widely.

"Kurtzberg, you're the staring artist at the museum! I can't wait to see your work. We all love to support the arts." Marinette said, brushing herself off, "But please, no need for such formality, you can call me Marinette."

Nathaniel blushed as red as his hair, "O-of course, M-Marinette."

The two followed the rest of the royal family toward the entrance to the museum, and Marinette went to stand with her family and the Bourgeois. Her father was handed a pair of scissors and he smiled as he cut the red ribbon, declaring the new museum open. After applause from the crowd, everyone began to shuffle inside, excited to see the new artwork.

As Marinette began to browse the different exhibits, she heard a familiar screech of distress. What was Chloe whining about now? She followed the shouting over to a back section of the museum, where a single large painting was hung. The portrait was a painting of... herself?