Epilogue

“It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.”
― Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy

Years passed and things changed in the SMP since that fateful day in the forest. Although Dream was gone, it became clear over the span of time that he was not quite as gone as they had thought.

He was there, in the wind, the code, and the earth. He was the world and the world was him. A silent guardian that looked over his world.

For some, it was a blessing. A reminder and comfort on a beautiful day. When the night was silent and the flowers on the field swayed in the gentle wind. One might be able to feel a friendly presence and hear a wheezing laugh if they really tried. Some might find flowers blooming at their doorsteps when a birthday came around and the sky might just be perfect for a picnic.

For others, it was a curse. A reminder of their failure as a friend and family. An everlasting punishment that haunted the nights and the sunny days that were provided by the one they failed.

Some left the server. With Dream as part of the world, world-hopping to other worlds was safe. Others wanted to stick around. Dream loved this world so they would make sure it would be filled with what he had wanted. Peace and family.

The server would be opened sometimes to other people with permissions. The place Dream had died in was always well kept and friends of other worlds could come and bid their goodbyes, respects, share stories, and visit. It would have been what Dream wanted. A day was set around the worlds in his memory. A statue was placed in the MCC memory hall. Other great players would join it when the time came around.

There had been a major outrage as the truth of what had happened inside the locked server came to light. Some wanted violent justice for Dream, others tried to defend the members of the smp pointing out Dream's own faults. Under no circumstance did anyone believe what had happened to be alright. A trial was held, punishments were served, friendships were lost. There was a certain reputation to the SMP members after it.

The Prison was destroyed. It was one of the demands of their punishments. Everyone would have to participate. They did.

Technoblade one who took comfort in Dreams presence. He would tend the farm, look out for the animals and help Philza. Sometimes he would go out on adventures on the other worlds. Meet people, share stories of the boy he knew. He would then come back sit by Dream's flower bed and tell the listening wind of the things he saw and the things he did. The earing on his ear felt comforting.

After a while, Sam and Punz followed his example. It was in fact comforting.

To George and Sapnap it was not comforting. It was heavy and painful. Regret was their constant companion for a long long time. Guilt was never too far away either.

Bad was regretful. He took comfort in the presence but it didn’t ease his failure. It took him a long time to be able to make muffins again. When he finally did it felt nice. It felt like Dream would be proud of him.

Quackity was among the ones who left. His inner turmoil was destructive, guilt was painful and the anger was burning. He needed to blame something and hated that he knew who exactly was at fault. There was nowhere to move the blame. He needed to clear his head. The court had ordered him a therapist. He had hated it at first. A few years later he appreciated it as he walked to Dreams clearing and talked. There were flowers on his doorstep the next day. He was sure Dream was happy for him.

Tommy and Tubbo got therapists as well. There was a lot of trauma and a lot of mistakes that were made. They both left for a little while to deal with everything like their therapists had recommended. After a while, they came back. They wanted to make the server great again. Tubbo became friends with a new arrival Ranboo. An Enderman hybrid who Dream had sent and invite a little before the prison. Tommy was still a chaotic kid but he did learn his lessons about actions and consequences. He started a hotel with the help of Sam Nook.

Schlatt had disappeared in a middle of a night soon after Dream left.

New arrivals came. Some like Ranboo were invited before the Prison incident and finally, after the dust settled took it. Foolish was an interesting arrival seeming to have a certain understanding of the presence that looked over the land.

Bad discovered an egg. That was a time Dream truly showed what he would do to protect them. It was a virus, an infection that had been ready to strike. Dream put an end to that nonsense before it even got properly started.

Techno and Phil discovered weird blocks down in a strange tunnel system underground. The blocks were gone the next day with a sign in their place that read: ”No :)” Techno had been devastated over the loss of their cool new table.

Time moved on and unwillingly or not so did people.

Years moved on and Dream became a cautionary tale to the younger generation. It was a story of friendships and betrayals, war and peace, caution to consequences of one's actions. Children were told a campfire story that on a perfect night when the moon shines down an open field of flowers and stars twinkled brightly. One might find a young man with a smiley mask running across it playing with flowers and a horned man watching over him while smoking cigars. If you’re really lucky the boy might come to you and offer you some flowers as well.

“There is no death, daughter. People die only when we forget them,' my mother explained shortly before she left me. 'If you can remember me, I will be with you always.”
― Isabel Allende

End -ω- ╯

Last notes:
What did you think? 0.0

It's the endddd aaa saaad! I finally I have uploaded the epilogue! I am so sorry it took like 2 months! I had a vague idea but I was honestly having a little motivation block.

I'm aware some are dissapointed on the punishment (Others more vocal about it than some 0.0;) And I'm sorry about that. I hope this was okay though.

I am so incredibly thankful about the feedback and support this story has gotten! I thank you for reading, for leaving comments and kudos! You’re all amazing! I've loved your comments (and tears *cough*) and reactions! Thank you so so so much!

I might do more one shots. We'll see if Transformers stop pulling me in so much...

Also fun fact: My og Plan was to make Dream come back as a child and have a kid fic but I realized I won't be able to commit to it early on so I had to leave it.

Thank you for reading! Leave a comment and kudos those make me happy and come say hi or check some of my fanart in Tumblr or Instagram @pinxku22

Stay safe! ❤️

The Sound of SilenceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara