Trust

"Trust is like a vase, once it’s broken, though you can fix it, the vase will never be same again.” – Walter Anderson

It turns out trying to get Dream back to L'manburg was an interesting process. The younger ghost was easily distracted by the smallest of things. Trees, bunnies, flowers.

In a way, it was understandable since he hasn't seen anything but a black box before.

Glatt was more than fine stopping once in a while to watch him inspect the different flowers with such curiosity. Never letting go of the younger man's hand and lightly pulling when Dream starts to wander in the wrong direction. If he was honest he too missed the company of others.

At some point, Dream had started to pick up the flowers and with hesitance handing them out to Schlatt who was content receiving them. In turn after a while, when Dream gave him a flower Schlatt would return a flower to him, leading to back and forth flower trading.

Finally, they reach the newly build L'manburg.

"Okay kid let's find Ghostbur, he's a nice guy kinda dopey, tall as hell with a yellow sweater and obsession with blue, kay? "

Dream nods with a determined look in his eyes as they start heading around L'manburg. Glatt watched with an amused smile as the kid pulled him around eyes moving from building to building.

Dream loved the strange place Glatt had brought him. It was so different from his room but it felt like he should know it. But no matter how hard he tried he couldn't remember. Suddenly his blank eyes landed on something yellow.

" Gho-ostbur? " Dream suddenly asks and points straight ahead where in fact Ghostbur was standing. "That's him kid good eye!" The older ghost smiles as he starts leading Dream to their destination.

"Ghostbur!" Glatt shouts while pulling Dream along. The younger man was starting to lag behind his posture once again turning unsure and defensive.

Would this man be safe? Glatt said he would be and Dream trusted Glatt. But what if Glatt was wrong and would put Dream in a dark box again where there wouldn't be any green or sounds or Glatt-

"Hello, Friends!" Ghostbur shouts with excitement.

"Hey, Ghostbur look what I found in the forest" Glatt moves a little showing Dream who was staring at Ghostbur unsurely.

Trust??

"You made a friend! Oh! Dream! Techno said everyone was looking for you! He didn't tell me you're a ghost! We should go and tell him we found you!"  Ghostbur smiles with excitement.

Dream watched the older ghost carefully. He seemed safe.

Appearances can be deceiving he could still hurt you just like-

Trust?

Ghosbur seemed to sense his hesitance and with a glance towards Glatt, he carefully moved forwards while taking a sky blue rock out of his pocket.

"Hey! It's okay! You're a little shy huh? Here have some blue it will make you feel better! "

Dream takes the small shiny stone from Ghostburs outstretched hand with hesitant curiosity.

Immediately on contact the stone turns black and grumbles in his hands.  Leaving both Glatt and Dream uncertainly staring at it for a second before glancing at Ghostbur who was happily walking ahead with his communicator in his hand.

" uuuh Yeah mmhm yup okay," Glatt says before he takes the now ruined blue and shoves it into his pocket.

"How about we never tell him that happened, yeah kid? " He mumbles while squeezing  Dreams hand that was still in his and hands him another flower while beginning to lead the younger ghost after Ghostbur.