To Be

"To be, or not to be, that is the question” - William Shakespeare

There was a heavyweight in Glatt's chest as the trio walked back to the opening Glatt had so franticly ran from. The silence was suddenly broken as a faint voice carried in the forest. Was something wrong?

As they got closer the sound grew louder with each step. It was shouting. Soon Glatt realized he knew that voice.

Sam. The creeper hybrid Dream had befriended back in the day. They such a bright kid that one. If Glatt remembers right the kid built the prison, but if his memory served right he had nothing to do with the events that lead to Dreams death. And the kid seemed to forgive Sam just fine.

"Sam seems to be shouting," Phil notes with concern as he too had heard it. "No sound of explosions though so there doesn't seem to be any threats."

"Maybe it's that talk he promised," Glatt notes smiling ferally. Oh, he was not going to miss that conversation he muses as they quicken their pace.

-ω-

Sam was livid. He had held out for Dream. Because Dream seemed to be fine with most people he met. Dream who was Dead. A ghost. Because... Because of- of these people!

Dream was dead. The server was dying. They might lose him for good. Gods he should have never built the prison. He should have never let Dream convince him this was a good idea. He shouldn't have ever left. He shouldn't have let Dream let these people in the world.

Sam misses the days where it was just a handful of them. Fishing, playing, building. Family. Not these people who- who ruined everything.

Dream would have never changed. Everything would have been fine! His family would have been FINE!

"Sam?" Puffy asks concerned. It filled Sam with rage. How dare she be concerned about him. How dare she act like she cares when she didn't care for Dream. Dream who she wanted to act like a mom and then threw him away and replaced him like yesterday's shoes after he strayed from the right path?! HOW DARE SHE?

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" Puffy jumped back from where she was about to lay a hand on his shoulder.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?! WHO GAVE YOU THE RIGHT TO PUT HIM IN THERE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION?! WITHOUT CHECKING IF HE WAS ALRIGHT?! "
Guilty looks passed in front of him and oh did it just make him angrier.

These people. These people are the reason.

"Sam..." Puffy murmurs.

"NO!" Sam screams "YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE HIS MOM! YOU SAID YOU WOULD CARE FOR HIM! NOW HE'S DEAD AND YOU JUST REPLACED HIM!"

Puffy stepped back looking like she might start to cry but honestly Sam could not care for a bit. He wanted vengeance for his family.

"Hey now don't go blaming her she-" Quackity jumped in. Oh, just the right person Sam wanted to rip into threads.

"Oh shut up Quackity" Sam snarls. He had said to Quackity that he had finished the exterior design. Quackity knew that the prison wasn't finished but hadn't listened. He had assumed and convinced the others to lock Dream in. He was the reason Dream was dead.

Quackity always blamed everything on Dream. Always Dream. Like the rest of them were blameless. Like they all hadn't stolen and killed and griefed. Like the rest of them hadn't hurt and lied and played with others' lives.

"We didn't know he would die we thought-"

"You didn't think! You should have checked! He was there for 7 MONTHS! FOR CRIMES MOST OF US HAVE COMMITTED AS WELL!"