30.

Saturday 18th July 1980.

Godric's Hallow.

"Daddy, Daddy!" Aurora squealed, sprinting around the room like her life depended on it

"Daddy, Daddy!" Aurora squealed, sprinting around the room like her life depended on it. James was chasing her, laughing and tickling her sides occasionally when she stopped to catch her breath; Lily, heavily pregnant, was sat watching from the sofa, and Remus was chuckling from besides her. Sirius was stood in the doorway, holding his and Aurora's shoes and viewing the chaos with an amused smile.

"Help!" Aurora cried when James finally caught up to her. He lifted her into the air, blowing raspberries into her shoulder and making her giggle; she wiggled and struggled until he let her go, and wandered innocently over to her father. 

Poking her tiny finger into his side, she whined. "Why didn't you help me?"

Sirius laughed, lifting his daughter up and placing her onto his hip. She yawned, burying her face into the crook of his neck. "Is it home time, daddy?"

"Yes pup-" Sirius said, sitting down in a spare armchair to James' left. 

"But I don't want to go!" Aurora whinged, "I'm not even tired, see!" She lifted her head off of her fathers shoulder, holding his face in her hands and opening her eyes as wide as she possibly could. "See! I'm wide awake! I'm not even a little bit sleepy.....Moony, can you make me a hot chocolate?"

Remus looked up from his book, grinning as he saw his goddaughters hopeful gaze. Aurora fixed him with her infamous puppy dog eyes, which she had learnt from her father. He chuckled.

"Only if your father says so...." It was a written rule in the Potter-Lupin-Black households, never give Aurora something without her fathers explicit permission, not unless you want your head ripped off by an angry and very overprotective Padfoot, anyway. James, notorious for his rule-breaking tendencies, had learnt that the hard way.

Aurora turned to her father, pulling his face towards her own so that their foreheads were touching; she squished his cheeks together, manipulating them in funny ways to make it look like he was talking.

"What's that, daddy?" She questioned, "You say that I can have a big, tasty cup of Moony's hot chocolate? Well, if you say so..."

She released Sirius from her grasp, jumping off of his lap and skipping into the kitchen. Sirius sat there dazed for a moment, the rest of the marauders laughing at his expression, before he snapped his eyes up at Remus and glared. "She's learnt that from you, Moony!"

Remus snorted, standing up to follow Aurora into the kitchen. "No she hasn't! If anything, she's learnt that from Marlene-"

"What's up bitches!" 

Marlene Mckinnon strolled leisurely through the fireplace, Dorcas jumping out behind her. Marlene was a very pretty girl, with long blonde hair that she had cut up to her shoulders and ears filled with stunning displays of (faux) silver jewelry; she was the definition of the extraordinary, managing to balance being the god damn cool Aunt and training to become a healer. Or at least that's what she liked to tell people.  

In reality, her and Dorcas owned about twenty cats and dressed like cool Grandmas, their apartment was also more of a Greenhouse than an actual home. Aurora adored them.

"Marlene!" Lily smiled, tying to stand up but groaning and sinking further into the couch. "Lovely to see you, darling! How're you-"

"No swearing around my daughter, Mckinnon-" Sirius growled. Marlene laughed.

"You mean the she-devil? She doesn't need anymore corrupting-"

"Daddy?" Aurora came skipping back into the lounge, "Can I have a biscuit with my Hot chocolate?"

Sirius sighed. "If you must..."

"Little star!" Dorcas beamed from where she was embracing Lily tightly. "If it isn't my favorite Black!"

"Dorky!" Aurora squealed, "Marly.....Do you want a Hot chocolate too?"

"No thanks, sweetheart, but tell Remmy poo that I'll have some of that cheap vodka James keeps in the cupboard...."

"Ok!" She turned around, only to turn back around again and fix Marlene with an inquisitive eye. "What's vodka?"

Sirius sighed, rubbing his temples. Marlene snorted with laughter.

"It's grown up juice...." Lily giggled, and Aurora looked at her questionably.

"Really..." She mulled, "So when I'm a grown up, I'll be allowed to drink grown up juice too?"

"Absolutely not-" Sirius shrieked.

"Fuck yes!" Marlene and Dorcas chanted.

James frowned. "Wait - how'd you know about my secret vodka stash?"

A/N - cute little flashback moment 'cause I have no idea what to write for the next chapter

Thank you for your comment, they are stupidly funny and I love them. Especially all the death threats, keep those coming!

Your main/desired aesthetic, and/or your favourite book genre.

Stay safe :)