CHAPTER 27: Farewell for now...

Start from the beginning

-<>-

He had never felt this guilty in years. Boruto was well aware of the Uchiha family's happiness and completion now that Sasuke-san was to remain in the village permanently. And now, he walked steadily to tear that apart and take his teacher away from the village once again.

Boruto knew he couldn't distance himself from the village for too long, maybe he would remain away for a month or two at the most. He had so many questions to ask Sasuke-san this time they went.

He had heard of the Uchiha's moving to a new place, away from the apartment and to a house. But he didn't know where it was, so he guessed it was somewhere close to their previous place. And well, he wasn't wrong, there it was: a brand new, clean building.

After reaching the door, Boruto rang the bell and waited for someone to open it. "It's Boruto!" he said as he heard recognizable footsteps approaching.

"Boruto!" Sarada stepped behind and opened the door for him. Despite the fact that he hadn't seen her in three days, he thought she looked different. Boruto found himself staring at her in a matter of seconds, which was strange because he'd seen her a thousand times before. She seemed to be about an inch shorter than him at the moment, which was heartwarming because he had always been lower than her before. She was also captivating as if she hadn't been before. But the thing was, she seemed to improve in appearance on a regular basis, which was incredible and real to his eye. "hey! Boruto! Baka Boruto!" She waved her hand in front of him, causing him to break out of his trance. Why did he feel like this was the first time seeing her?

" I-I'm sorry dattebasa," he figured it must've been embarrassing for her since he'd mentioned his crush on her before his fight with Momoshiki. "can I come in?"

Sarada nodded, her cheeks pink for some reason. Boruto followed her. But right before they could reach the hall, he grabbed her hand from behind. Her skin was delicate, he thought. Her hands were smaller than his, and her hands were colder too. Sarada turned around questioningly to look at him. The cute rose in her cheeks hadn't withdrawn. A part of her hair framed her pretty face since she hadn't tied it. It made her look so stunning.

"can I talk to you alone first?" he asked, looking at her pleadingly.

She shrugged before agreeing nervously, "of course"

Boruto took a moment to examine it once they entered her room. The room was clearly larger than her previous one, maybe twice as large. The four walls were decorated in a variety of colours that he compared to rainbows. A medium-sized bed was put in the right corner of her home, next to the window that overlooked their garden. And as he had expected, in front of a desk and a chair was a bookshelf packed with books.

"Nice bed," he said, knowing that if he was going to tell her anything first, he had to start smoothly, but this was not really going so well, was it?

Sarada gave him a look before approaching him, and Boruto knew that if he took another small step or even bent forward a little, his lips would meet her lovely pink ones. He saw her eyes drift down to look at his lips before returning to where they were, Sarada ran her hands through her dark hair, pulling it back and tying it into a ponytail before she hugged him, "I missed you," and although he was glad, a part of him was disappointed he hadn't gotten anything more than a hug.

"I missed you too," he said, "I know I was distant from everyone for the past few days... I--I was just going through some really nasty nightmares dattebasa"

As she looked into his blue eyes, her pretty onyx eyes didn't even blink once. Boruto was glad she hadn't stepped away yet, her breath smelled nostalgic, like strawberries... "I see what you mean. But that isn't why you've come, is it?" Always direct and to the point...

"yes, it's not" Boruto sighed as she moved to sit on her bed, "but it was important that I apologized"

"it's not like you did anything wrong in the first place, so don't worry about it" Sarada's face entered a smirk state, "besides, it's good to see you serious like this once in a while at the least"

"I guess you're right," he murmured, smiling. "Sarada, I had a dream today dattebasa" her eyebrows knit as he continued, "I met this Otsutsuki... he told me about a catastrophe that was coming to face. He warned me that more threats are on the way, threats that are far more difficult to deal with."

"you tell me you met an Otsutsuki?" she emphasized the word met, "what do you mean by it?" She crossed her legs and rested her elbows on them, her head on her palms, gazing at him through her glasses.

"He said he summoned my mind or something, but that's not necessary right now... I wanted to say," he exhaled deeply. "Toneri asked me to leave the village and rebuild my strength," Boruto said as he took a seat beside her.

"Please be patient. You're not allowing me to process this information" she closed her eyes and put two fingers on her forehead. "First of all, aren't the Otsutsuki our adversaries?"

"they are!" Boruto exclaimed, "but this guy is different, he appeared to me once before too, I just have a feeling he is trying to help me"

"Alright then, how did he summon your mind?" She said, "Does he know mind transfer Jutsu?"

"Maybe, he said it was a momentary mind transfer Jutsu" Boruto assumed, "who knows?"

"what else?"

Boruto looked down, his heart growing heavy. "I decided to follow his advice and leave the village... but the thing is, I want to train under Sasuke-san."

Sarada's face went through a series of emotions: shock, then realization, and finally, he couldn't read her any longer.

"I see," she said, her face expressionless, "and how long will this journey take?" I'm hoping it's not another three years."

Boruto shook his head vigorously, "no, this is a short trip, I will make sure you get your father back in a month," she brightened noticeably.

"I'm fine then," she said, conditioning, "but you should come back after a month with my dad as well." "I don't like it when you're not around me," she whispered.

"And why is that?" Boruto wondered, grinning.

"Of course, for your own good," she said quickly, her face flushed. Boruto let out a slight chuckle. She was so cute when she was lying... "Anyway, let's go tell my parents right now. I hope my mom doesn't take it too personally."

"I hope so too"

-<>-

Boruto fidgeted nervously with his sleeve the whole time he talked. His aunt and Sasuke-san listened the whole time to his story, not interrupting, neither commenting.

"--so, I thought, if you could, maybe we could leave the village for training once more?" he looked at Sasuke-san, who smirked.

"I was about to leave the village anyway," he said. Boruto cocked his brow. "There have been strange events outside, and Naruto has asked me to handle them, so no worries. I'll accompany you" Boruto's heart was overjoyed, phew! How fortunate... "I'm leaving right now. I'm assuming you came here prepared?"

Boruto nodded, looking at Sakura-Obaachan, who sent him a grin before going to hug Sasuke-san.

Sarada walked over to him awkwardly, but before she could speak, he did. "look Sarada, I told you I-- well, I--" as he stuttered to say what he wanted to, Sarada leaned in and pecked him slowly and tenderly on his cheeks. Wait, what!?

"Be safe out there" she smiled gently. Boruto moved his hand to the side of his cheek where she had kissed him and pat it, "and don't cause too much trouble for dad"

Boruto rolled his eyes, there she was again... "I won't," he told her before embracing his aunt and leaving the building along with Sasuke-san.

Farewell Konoha, for now...

---------

And that's another chapter I've posted quickly. 

Hope you all enjoyed it!