Chapter 12 - Summer Flight

Start from the beginning

A thought suddenly struck in my mind, what if there could be any love potion added to the Donuts? I wanted to roll eyes at myself but I couldn't stop thinking, what if...

And when Haxsel passed me the chocolate donut I had eyed earlier, I twirled it before my eyes to check if I can find anything is not right with it. Everyone had already taken each small and big bite from their donuts while I prayed a silent prayer inside to God.

If there's anything like what I fear in this donut, or any of the donuts in this whole box, please purify them.

"Anything wrong honey?" mom asked.

"Nothing." I quickly said with a shrug of my right shoulder and took a bite of the donut.

I really am stupid.

*****

Since voicemaling was easier than texting, especially when there's a lot to explain, I decided to voicemail both of my friends before we leave for shopping. I was in my room, after having two delicious donuts and, being told to get ready.

I put on my favorite hoodie and jeans and pulled my hair back up in a ponytail, tucking the side-bangs behind my ear. When I put on my favorite golden round earrings, suddenly I remembered Emery.

When we were in the Mafia and Bobby Khuller's twin sister Fobby Khuller used to come to where we lived, Emery and I had this hopeless wish to have a golden round earring she used to wear. We used to talk about it countless times, and I hope, now she'll get that wish of hers fulfilled as I got mine.

I smiled sadly at my reflection in the mirror before reaching for my phone. There haven't been any more news about her in the articles, nor has her siblings posted anything on their social media accounts.

I sighed and pushed my worries aside and took WhatsApp. To my surprise, there was voicemail from Charlie. I played the audio.

"Hey Hayles, I'm so sorry our plans were ruined. I don't know what else to say, I'm sorry. I might could've helped by calling Hax and let him know that we're coming back for Nott's phone but he kept saying that I don't have to do so and "Don't worry, I'm pretty sure it's somewhere there in the living room so it's not a big deal" pfft, only if he knew I don't even care about his stupid phone at all. I'm sorry again, Hailey, I knew it would be a nightmare to you but it was out of my hands or we could've avoided the meeting. How are you feeling now? How's Hax reacting to this? Is he still inside the heating machine?"

The audio ended with a chuckle of his that made me to stifle a laugh of my own at his comment on my brother. I bet he didn't miss the daggers my brother was shooting at his cousin then.

I voicemailed him back, assuring that I'm fine and repeating the same words I told my parents before. And just as I quit from his chat and entered into the WhatsApp group Rex made for her, Emmy and I to connect together in necessary times, a knock sounded on my door.

"You ready Huns?" Haxsel's voice asked from outside.

"Yeah, just a moment." I called back and quickly recorded the audio to send them, explaining what happened today, as I promised them I will. I saw Emmy online but didn't had time to wait for her response but soon went out and got into dad's car after a short prayer with my family.

The mall we went for shopping was crowded as always it was, or to say, even more because it was Sunday today. We spend our time hanging out with shopping, buying all this and that. And when it was finally dark outside, dad announced we should eat something.