part one - oh the love we have

He sighed and softly chucked, "you know, it's funny how this is our present." I ever so slightly turned my head enough to analyze his meaningful eyes, the indescribable amazement they possess has me eternally lost in wonder.

"Whatever could you mean,?" I ponder to myself at such a thought-filled statement from the one I love most.

His gaze fixed on the infinite night sky, he began to think aloud in amazement at the capabilities of time.

"Darling, you see, a mere few months ago I hadn't known the beauty a face could possess. Despite my intense longing to love, the most admiration I had felt for an entity was for the pearly elegant moon."

I smiled as we seemed to drift from reality, as if this moment were truly what we call 'life'. He sighed once more, a gentle calming exhale. I traced my thin fingers along his cheek, his luminescent cheek; let them gracefully intertwine with his subtle chestnut curls.

"It feels as if you have been present ever since the beginning, yet so far you've only graced my time here for about the smallest fraction..." My darling paused unwillingly, as if he wanted to continue.

As my brows furrowed and lines creased between them, with an intense curiosity I urged him to carry on.

"Please darling, do carry on.' The tips of his fingers wandered down my arm, eventually reaching my finger tips, that he gently propped up and began to fiddle around with. I joined in his little game, tracing each other's fingers intently until his mellow voice accompanied the serene silence.

"It's just that- I, I used to be the most wretched person alive, the most broken, eternally shattered soul. I was nothing but a somber speck, living lifelessly. I have this passion for life, this fascination for the tiniest of details."

He stared into my curious eyes, and with a childish grin he added, "Even my clothing has drastically changed."

//

quite short i'm aware heh, it's just one lil story so i've divided it into two shorter parts :)

hope you're amused with this first one <3