¹⁹ᴛʜᴀɴᴋꜱ ꜰᴏʀ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱʜᴏᴡ

Gears found herself facing the ground- knocked back by the force of the sixth dragon's roar.

They had been trying to close the gate for ten minutes now- Lucy and Yukino now stood off against the seventh as they pushed it back into the gate.

It almost worked, but the dragon was persistent. It blew through them, standing in front of the chaos- before flying off to wreak havoc onto the land below.

The two girls combined their strength to summon the twelve zodiac- finally shutting it off. They lay against the ground, panting and out of strength. Each girl wore similar expressions of relief.

But it wasn't over yet.

Seven dragons. Eight dragon slayers, if it included the mystery one that Jellal mentioned.

And yet, the odds were against them.

Gears was bruised and battered from being tossed around so much. It was Wendy and Mira against this dragon, but Gears still tried her best to block some of the blows that were dealt their way.

Natsu went after the Future Rogue- which explains why there were two Lucy's. And one had sacrificed herself so that the orange-haired girl could live. So that she could help take down these dragons, and survive.

She would forever be grateful, but now- this was a battle.

After much convincing, Sting and Amaya left to go find a dragon to fight- leaving the girls and the exceeds to fight the dragon. It was three against one.

She liked those odds.

Pushing herself back onto her feet, the girl's eyes went to the green dragon. It seemed like Wendy had called him 'Zarconis' or something.

She dragged herself forwards, running back over just as Mirajane shot out at the green sack of scales.

"Hah!" His voice echoed around them. "You puny mortals think you can put a scratch on me? Pathetic."

Gears raised up her arms, creating a shield as she ran under his legs, aiming her solid script attack 'blades' at his underbelly. Her limbs were about ready to give out from underneath her, but she kept going.

And when she made it out to the other side with nothing to show for in damage- the girl was annoyed beyond belief.

"What are you made of?" She cursed under her breath, dodging his talons as she ran back to the others. "Magic repellent?"

Sliding to a stop before the other two, the group obviously already exhausted, she turned to them with a sigh. "This'll last forever at this rate."

Mira nodded. "I don't think he has a weakness."

The dragon seemed to hear that last part, and he boasted proudly. "I am the Jade dragon, Zarconis! Nothing can cut through my armor!"

Gears paused, looking back up at the dragon. "But if we can't get through his armor on the outside.."

Her eyes widened. She knew how to get to this guy.

The girl exchanged glances with her two friends- who looked at her with confusion.. then realization. Mira nodded at her, Wendy grinning. "We got your back, just focus on doing your thing."

Grinning, the girl rushed forwards. Her body was soon coated in a thick purple gas, much deeper in color and volume than the one she used at the games.

This one could put her friends out for days, so she never used it.

But.. plans change. And hell did it come in handy.

The dragon scrunched his eyes in confusion. "What are you doing, mortal?"