⁴ʜᴏᴘᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ᴍʏ զᴜᴏᴛᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ

"You guys haven't changed a bit!"

"Seriously, how have you not aged in seven years!"

Gears was soon forgotten in the rush of the reunion that covered the guild hall, but she supposed it was alright, she wasn't a part of them anyways. When it came down to it, she knew she was probably used as some kind of emotional replacement for the ones that they'd lost.

At the moment? She was sat on the floor beside the cabinet where all of her everyday equipment was stored. The table that she used to work at was completely filled with people she knew the names of, but never actually knew.

So far, she was just listening to the conversations she could overhear in the distance, the sketch of what looked to be a music box being drawn in her notes.

See, that was her thing. Whenever she was feeling overwhelmed, or stressed, or any kind of emotion that she couldn't handle, she sketched music boxes. It was a habit she got from her grandfather after working so many years in his shop. It's where she learned his magic as well.

It wasn't much, at least, that's what he told her. Nothing powerful at all, just something to help out in his old age.. but, he died before she finished her training.

Pausing her sketch, the tip of the pencil falling off the page as she sighed, the girl closed her book. That was enough reminiscing for the time being. Her eyes closed as her head fell back against the wall, a small frown on her face.

Frustrated, that was what she was. Surrounding her was a happy guild- Romeo, who was smiling for the first time she'd ever seen, and then her. Scowling in the corner, looking like more of a loner than Vijeeter.

No offense to him.

She blew the strands of hair that had fallen into her eyes away with distaste, deciding to just head out for the night. The girl would rather that than outcasting herself in the first hour of meeting all of these people.

So, shoving the sketchbook and pen into her bag, she walked around the center of the guildhall, where it seemed that everyone was rushing about. She bit her lip, trying to blend into the shadows of the sides of the guild hall as she slunk along.

The loud chatter of the room seemed to cover her footsteps as she headed for the door, noting that outside the windows, it looked to be around sunset. Tonight she guessed she wouldn't need to walk home down the steep mountain side in the dark, as usual.

A sigh escaped her as she reached the door, raising her hand to the handle just as a loud shout echoed across the area.

"Hey, Gears! Where ya' going so soon?"

The orangette froze slightly at the question, feeling like she'd been caught doing something she wasn't supposed to be. The room fell quiet at the shout, the unfamiliar name sending confusion to those who were once lost.

She pursed her lips before turning on her heel and shrugging. "Home, it's been a long day."

"Long day?" Romeo questioned from besides the renowned fire dragon slayer. "You just got here."

The orangette blinked at the boy before deadpanning. "Oh yeah. Right."

"I've never seen you before-" A voice started from besides her, and she jumped in shock at the sudden presence, letting out a startled cry. Narrowed eyes met her own as she stared at the new face. a confused and slightly freaked out look on her face as she stared at the pink-haired dragon slayer. "Who're you?"

"Uhh.." She trailed, eyes frantically looking for a way out of the situation. Small groups of people were no problem to her. A group at this size? She was absolutely ridden with anxiety.