Chapter2: Mixed up Orders

Start from the beginning

Wasn't it a free country?

"What if I was a vegetarian?" My eyes narrowed in slits.

"You can never go wrong with chicken besides you do look like you eat a dozen eggs in a day. Damn look at those muscles." She genuinely complimented me and my cheeks heated up. Damnit.

"Do you always word vomit?" Not rude at all.

"I'm just gonna ignore your tone and tell you yes. What's the point of keeping everything inside!" She shrugged and well I liked her theory but I could never.

I'd probably lose millions if I ever speak my mind.

My every move is safe and calculated well unlike her's. But you do you girl.

"So I booked someone else and you showed up I mean are you sure....?"

"That I am capable? Yes but if you want you can also book someone else. Whatever makes you comfortable." She said with a smile and I don't have a heart to send her back.

Also its kind of an emergency. I'm on a tick tock clock.

Rhea was everything my parents would like but she's different. What's her name again?

"Ah! I didn't get your name" 

"Oh sorry hi I'm Nandini Murthy" She extended her hand for me to shake.
I took her hand and shook for two seconds. Her chunky bracelets made dingly sound.

"No I'm okay with you taking her place and it's an emergency anyway so I don't mind." I shrugged and the waiter came with our food.

Chicken fingers. Naice.

"Do you need anything I'm sorry I ordered for you!" She looked at me apologetically and I shook my head.

Well too late girly.

"So tell me about your emergency" She asked after slurping from her coffee.

"My parents are forcing me to get married and I don't want to so I accidentally slipped that I do have a girlfriend so here we are." I explained with a lot of unnecessary gestures with my hands.

"Why don't you want to get married?" She asked me like every other human I know.

I think of a reason that doesn't sound lame.

"I'm just in a really good place professionaly don't want to fuck it up because of a girl." I explained and ate my chicken finger casually but from inside I think it's stupid and shouldn't have said that out loud.

She nodded in understanding.

No judgement what?

That's a first.

I never really fit in at my home it's not like my parents did not pay me any attention or anything but the feeling where someone gets you was never there.

So I concentrated on my degree and then on my work. I worked my ass off and got into the biggest firm. It all paid off and I'm content in life right now.

"Anyway fake marriage doesn't include in the contract you know." She chuckled.

"It may" I shrugged and she chocked on her coffee, eyes became so big.

Oops

"Kidding" She visible relaxed and narrowed her eyes at me.

"So when are we meeting your parents?" She crossed her arms on the table.

She's pretty small as compared to me. I love her pin straight raven hair and the cute sundress. Cute? What the fuck.

I cleared my throat snapping out.