"Uh, yeah. It was Lip but now that he's out, we need one." Jax looks over at her. "You ever bartend?"

"How hard can it be?"

+++

Sophia sighs heavily as she drops a couple glasses into the sink in the tiny kitchen in the clubhouse. She's been the club's bartender for a week and she's starting to get the hang of it but it's mentally exhausting. She runs her hand though her hair as she leans over the sink, her eyelids feeling extremely heavy.

"You okay?" Jax asks from the doorway.

"Yep." She responds, standing straight. Her dark eyes flicker from her hands that are washing the glasses to the blonde leaning against the doorframe. "Can I help you?"

He shrugs. "Wanna grab some dinner?"

"No, thanks." She sighs, snagging a dish towel to starts drying the glasses.

Jax huffs and steps into the kitchen making it feel even smaller. "C'mon, just one night."

"No." She rolls her lips into her mouth. "I know what 'one night' can lead to and I'm not like that anymore, especially with guys like you."

"Guys like me?" He scoffs. "The fuck is that supposed to mean?"

"You know exactly what it means." She tries to brush past him but he stop her with a hand around her upper arm.

"I'm not like the guys you've been around before, Soph." He says, still holding onto her arm.

Sophia pulls herself free from his grip before slamming the dish towel against his sturdy chest. "You don't know shit about me or my life so stop acting like you do." She shakes her head, sliding back behind the bar to grab a beer for Bobby.

Jax shakes his head again as he joins his brothers again.

"Hey, Sophia." Tig says from his spot at the pool table. "Play me."

"Oh no-"

"C'mon." Tig takes her hand and leads her to the felted table, handing her a cue. "Ten bucks." Sophia sighs and drops a bill on top of his, shaking her head as she watches him get the billard balls set up.

The pretty brunette can feel Jax's eyes on her the entire time she kicks Tig's ass in pool. "Eight ball, corner pocket." She announces, her lip tucked between her teeth as she gets set up. "Get fucked, old man!" She practically cackles as she snatches the money off the edge of the table and slips it into her bra.

The guys cheer and applaud for the girl, she waves them off as she returns behind the bar, pouring the loser a shot of tequila. "I thought I was pretty good at pool."

"Guess you're not as good as you think you are, Tiggy." She shoots back, glancing at Jax. "I'm just better than you."

The blonde stands from his barstool. "I'll play you." She rolls her eyes. "What? You scared you're gonna to loose?"

Sophia rolls her eyes again but slides out from behind the bar. She picks up the same cue and pops a hand on her hip, her blue eyes running over the fucking Adonis in front of her. "What're we playing for?"

"Ten." Sophia nods and pulls a ten from her bra. "But, if I win, I get to take you out for dinner."

"Fuck off." She chortles but agrees, confident that she's going to kick this douchebag's ass.

Everyone is gathered around the two as they play pool, the group split half and half for who's going to win, murmurs slicing the intense hush that falls over the group.

He wins.

Jax fucking wins.

"Son of a bitch." Sophia mumbles, watching the victor high five his brothers.

Jax gives her a toned-down smug smirk, leaning against the pool table in front of her. "So, when're you free?"

"Oh, tomorrow after 4, I guess."

Jax leans over and presses a cocky kiss to her cheek before he heads back to the bar for a shot.

+++

Sophia huffs to herself as she pulls on a pair of tight, curve accentuating, ripped jeans and a mesh, see-through bralette. She filters through the drawers of the dresser she's borrowing and shakes her head at her options.

There's a soft knock on the door. "Yeah." She answers.

Jax opens the door, that panty dropping smirk of his only widening when he sees her standing in a pair of tight denim flares and a skimpy red bralette. "You ready?" He asks, running his tongue over his pretty pink lips, sliding a cigarette between his teeth to light.

"Does it look like I am?" She shoots back, slamming the drawer shut. "Son of a bitch." She mumbles to herself, bending over to the last drawer, praying there's something in it that she can wear.

Jax sits himself on his old bed, watching her move around the room. "That's a good look for you, darlin'."

Sophia glares at him from over her shoulder. "Why are you here?"

"Our date."

"It's not a date." Sophia says, settling on a tank top with a denim jacket. "I lost a bet."

Jax rolls his eyes as he stands. "Whatever. Let's go." He tucks his hands in his pockets and heads out to the parking lot, Sophia reluctantly following behind.