"Yours. I certainly wouldn't have gone all the way home, now, would I?" I walked down the stairs*.  "I don't see you." I pointed out.

"Well, well. I always knew my beauty was too great for your eyes." I saw him then. Phone in one hand, a big branch in the other. "What are you doing with that stick?" I asked as I walked toward him.

"I was going to beat your boyfriend with it." He chuckled. "Does he know about 'The adventures of Alexandra and Will'?" He questioned.

"Yes. As a matter of fact, he does. We have talked about it, and all is well." I said, hanging up the phone because we were now face to face. "Your dress arrived in the morning, I placed it in your bedroom."

"Mmhmm" I mumbled

"What?" He asked, stepping closer to me. "I don't know." I sighed. "It's Paul. He's— He— Its looks like he doesn't want to be here. He looks at everything in tension." I shook my head in frustration.

"Maybe you should talk to him. Ask him what's wrong."

"Yeah, I'll do that." He pulled on my hand, bringing it to his lips, his mouth brushing against my skin, like a soft whisper of trust in a mysterious forest. His other arm circled my waist. He swayed me, like I was a seedling in need of incentive.

"I missed you so much." I whispered. "I missed you too." He whispered against my hair. I pressed my body against his, wrapping my arms around his shoulders. We moved in the faint night gale. "Even when im grey and dying, I'll never forget how much you love dancing." He spoke in an undertone, his voice the most comforting purr. "Even when I am grey and dying, I'll never forget how much a part of my soul you are, for I would have been dead already, had it not been for you. Thank you, truly."

Valentin was the only one in the whole world who faithfully knew what had become of my life the last couple years.

"Don't say that. You have made it this far, made it through all that chaos, don't go back there." My eyes filled with tears. He pulled back and cupped my face in his calloused hands. "Don't say that." He kissed my forehead. "Let's go try on a party dress." He slung his arm around my shoulder and we walked back into my home.

Many would not understand our relationship, were we dating? were we friends? I couldn't explain it myself, but Valentin was a part of me as much as I was a part of myself, and I didn't care what the world thought of us. 

Gardens

Gardens.

staircase inside the house

steps leading to the gardens