Distance

I loved this. Our lips moved together in perfect harmony. I pulled his shirt over his head and pushed him back on the bed. Once again our lips were crushed together and Paul's arms pulled me closer to him. I kissed him harder, wanting so much more. "Lex" he murmured when my lips were at his collar. "Lexi," he whispered, pleadingly. I didn't respond. I brought my lips back to his and kissed him on and on. I felt Paul go limp underneath me. His always heated body was ice cold. I pulled back to see his eyes glassy and chest still. "Paul!" I said louder. He remained silent.

I sat up, my breathing hard. My bedroom was washed in black and no light had found its way in. The newly installed curtains were drawn and it was dead silent. "Lex" A voice spoke. I scrambled off the bed and practically ran to the end of the room, slamming the switch and turning all the lights on. After dropping me to my house, Paul had lingered and we had talked and made out a little in my bed before he fell asleep. Now he was a bit shook and was slowly sitting up. "Are you okay?" He asked, concern in his deep sound. "Yeah. Yeah." I said, running my hands through my hair, trying to get them out of my face. "Are you okay?" I asked Paul. I had not felt like this in a long while, but this feeling was still strong and familiar. It was like some strong force was warning me that i would hurt Paul. "Yeah, why? What happened?" He asked, getting out of bed and walking toward me, arms slightly open. I unintentionally held up my hand to halt him, "Don't" I said strictly. There was no mistaking the hurt on his face. "Sorry, I just need some space." I said, my eyes scanning his figure for anything disastrous. "But what happened? Talk to me, Lex." He said in a low, soft voice. "Bad dream." I muttered and walked swiftly out the room.

My feet thudded against the wood heavily as i made my way down the stairs. I grabbed my keys roughly and went outside into the night. The rain poured down heavily, threatening to soak me if i was not fast enough. I climbed in my car and slammed the door shut. Resting my head against the head rest i took a deep breath. I wanted to go home, go home to Strasbourg. I wanted to study at the bakery with my friends. I closed my eyes, forcing the tears back. I could not let it show. I started humming a french song that my maman sang. I didn't remember much of it in her voice but i remembered it in my papa's. I missed them. I wanted them back.

I opened my eyes to see Paul standing on the porch, looking at me. I could not make out his expression because the rain poured on the car's glass but i was grateful that he was giving me my space. I did not want to see him now. Hell, I did not want to see him for a while. I got out of the car, walking toward him. He wore a worried expression. When i reached him I said, "You should go home." in a hoarse whisper. It was a while before he spoke, "Okay, i'll leave, but can you at least tell me what's wrong" He demanded softly. "Nothing is wrong, Paul." I tried to assure him. "I'm not leaving until you feel better, Alexandra." H demanded, it was different hearing my whole name in his voice. "If you leave, i'll feel better." I said in a small voice. He was looking at my face, searching for something. He held my gaze strongly, but i could not do the same. I walked past him, cold and soaked wet. My clothes sticking to me annoyingly. Our arms brushed together and a jolt of great heat went up my hand. Paul was smoking hot. I wanted to ask him if he was alright. I didn't.

He came in after me, silent as night, grabbed his truck's keys and left without saying anything. He looked angry.