Worry

"All done." Paul said as he finished pushing the bed against the wall of my new bedroom. He looked perfect as ever and on the other hand I was sweating like a pig. I wiped my forehead on my shoulder and smiled at him.

"You should pay me." Seth spoke as he walked in the room. "Pay us." Jake corrected. "Cash or kind, sir?" I asked with humour. Seth remained silent but narrowed his eyes at me. Jake began saying "You could let me drive your car fo....." but I cut him. "No. No." I spoke quickly and the room filled with deep chuckles. Jake and Seth had helped a lot while moving the furniture around. The carried the heavy stuff as if they weighed nothing.

Soon Jake and Seth went home and Paul and I were standing in the kitchen. He was sitting on the counter and I was leaning against the fridge. "Let's do something." He said and I nodded my head. "Just let me take a quick shower first." I told him. "Go ahead." He gestured his had up the stairs.

I stood under the cold water, glad to be not sweaty. I started thinking about Paul and time rushed by. I had been inside for at least 20 minutes. I wrapped a towel around myself and tucked it under my arms. I walked out of my bathroom into my room to notice the dead silence. I cracked open my door a little and still heard nothing. I walked out into the hall and said "Paul?" Still nothing. I was getting worried now. "Paul!" I spoke, louder and alarmed as I made my way down the stairs. My bare feet made slapping noises and I hurried down, the water dripping from my body.

"Al? Yeah. I am here." I heard his voice from below. In a flash he was at the foot of the staircase, a few steps away from me. "Are you..." He stopped and looked at me. I mean really looked at me. His eyes travelled the length of my barely covered figure as a blush sneaked it way onto my face. I looked down. "...okay?" He finished. I looked at him and spoke. "Yeah, of course. It was just really silent so I came to check." He nodded his head and asked. "Were you worried?" Then added "you looked worried." "I was, but only a bit." I said. "Sorry. I fell asleep on the couch." I shook my head to deny his apology. "You should change." He abruptly spoke and looked away. "Mmhmm." I agreed and before he could say anything, dashed up the stairs.