Apologies

I had been running as fast as my already exhausted legs could carry me. Mandy was going to kill me. A big part of me still thought that she would be fast asleep, but i did not know what the time was or even where i was. A red truck came behind me and slowed to a stop. The muscular boy inside looked at me with pity and said "Hi, i'm Jared, a friend of Sam's. Let me take you home" I wanted to be at the motel so bad that i climbed into the strangers truck and sped down the road with me poorly navigating the way.

I leaped out of the truck and ran to our room. I spotted Richard's matt black audi outside and my heart broke. I could not believe that i had worried Mandy enough to call Rick all the way here. I rushed into the room and spoke breathlessly and in a hurry. " Oh my god, I am so fucking sorry. So sorry. I love you guys" Mandy was crying into Richard's chest and Richard caring blue eyes were red and black hair disheveled. He was still in his home clothes, a tight grey t-shirt and black gym shorts with a pair of adidas slides. i assumed he had come here as soon as Mandy called.

As soon as they heard my voice, they rushed towards me and wrapped me in a bone crushing hug. "Oh baby, we thought we had lost you" said Mandy. "Don't ever do this again." Rick warned. I nodded " i am so damn sorry, i love you."We love you too,honey. Don't forget that." Rick told me. "What the hell are you wearing? Where were you? What happened? I called the police station, they told me not to worry, you were coming home." Mandy said. I told them what had happened and how stupidly i cliff dived without even knowing how to swim and how i ended up at Sam and Emily's house. They were glaring at me now. "At least i am back in time for the meeting" i joked and it did not help.

That night i slept cozily between my adoptive parents. It felt childish but nice. I had not slept with someone beside me in almost 11 years but this made me feel closer to them somehow. Tomorrow i would go to Sam's first thing in the morning to thank them and return the clothes that i had been wearing, then attend the meeting and leave LaPush. This was easy, but why did it seem so hard? i had only been here for a few hours and it seemed as if i had strongly attached to something, or maybe someone. The face of the man i had bumped into today was a clear painting in my memory. I could not stop thinking about him and his amazing brown eyes. his smooth tan skin and jet black hair. his perfect lips and the heat his hands radiated onto my skin. I prayed that i would see him tomorrow before i left because there was just something about him that would make me come back here if i didn't.