𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

Calina immediately noticed, and raised a questioning eyebrow at her friend.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm taking a break because of what happened with my boy A. Ham." Robin explained, and shook her head in disappointment. "He did a no no.*"

And without waiting for a response from the elleth, she walked away from the table, heading for the shelves.

Lord Glorfindel of the Golden Flower missed his best friend.

It was hard, really. Being away from her.

He missed talking about those weird, magical stories she always referred to, or the interesting songs she made him learn just so they could "Have a karaoke night or serenade random people at three am."

He missed pranking people just because it was fun, or because someone had annoyed them and they were getting back at them. Sometimes the reason was that it was too quiet and somehow the elves needed some cheering up.

He smiled as he read Robin's letter, happy that everything was going well. He laughed as she mentioned that one time she had confused left from right, which ended in Robin falling into a pile of mud. He had made fun of her for a week, bringing it up any time he had the chance.

And while he wanted to say that he was okay with not having her around, it would prove to be the biggest lie someone could have ever told. Because Robin had this thing about her - this sparkle that just made the world full of color when she was around. She would just walk into a room and everything suddenly shifted, as if her presence took away the darkness and filled it with shining, colorful light.

He could not explain it, really. Because even with his age and with all that he had been through, he had never met someone like her. Only once, while he dwelled in the Halls of Mandos, had he felt in such a way.

And that's what made him so sure about her being an Amartha. There was something so celestial about her, something that could only belong to the Valar themselves. It was beyond a big purpose or some kind of task. Her soul had this thing that was not from this world.

Yes, that made sense, even if it did not make sense at all.

Anyway, Robin was his best friend. Of that he had no doubt. When they were together everything felt just right. He felt complete, like everything would be alright. And it wasn't in a romantic way or anything, they just complimented each other perfectly.

She was his person and he was hers.

She had explained it once, telling him "You're the Cristina Yang to my Meredith Grey, the Padfoot to my Prongs. You're my person. And there's no one else I could have asked for."

He nodded in agreement. After all, who would not want to be best friends with the Balrog Slayer? She had rolled her eyes, clearly knowing what he was thinking, and called him out for his ego.

But they both knew that, in truth, there was no one else he could have asked for, too.

"Is it from Lady Robin?" Elrond asked, gesturing to the letter in his hands. Glorfindel nodded, looking up to find the Lord's soft glance. Elrond recognized the longing look in his eyes, easily understanding how he felt. "You miss her."