Chapter 2: Memory Wipe

Start from the beginning

"I love you Madds." I kissed her temple as she fell asleep.

Mission Creek High School (Maddie's POV)-

After talking everything through with Chase I was able to sleep more peacefully. When I woke up it was the end of study hall and it was time to go home. Which meant facing Alex.

My nerves began to grow again. We stopped on our lockers to grab our things before heading for my house. The more I thought about what could happen the more that could happen, the more nervous I became. I was fidgeting with my hands the whole walk home, trying to release my nerves but they just built up more. What if Alex makes Chase and I break up? Or would he tell everyone that Chase is bionic? Maybe he'd just leave me too.

"Madds, everything's gonna be okay. You talked to Alex right?" Chase asked, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Yeah but that doesn't mean he saw things our way." At this point my hands had begun to shake.

"Maddie breath." Chase stopped me and helped me calm down. "No matter what happens we will be okay. I promise." The firm tone in his voice gave me some hope.

I didn't even notice we were already at the end of my driveway. "Ready to go in?"

In lew of an answer I just nodded my head. Chase took my hand to comfort me and this time I didn't flinch. We made it inside and I went to find my brother.

"Hey can we talk?" I asked quietly when I found him in his room.

"About all the stuff going on?" I nodded. "Yeah that might be a good idea."

He followed me out to the living room where we found Chase. "Oh, hey man."

"Hey." Chase answered shortly.

"I already said everything I wanted to say last night. What have you decided?" I asked.

"Well, you were right about the volt thing. I could see where you were coming from but it also helps that you're not doing it anymore. But all that happened before we met so I can't really be mad at that." He explained and I felt like a weight was taken off my shoulders. "But I don't know about how I feel about the whole bionic part yet." The weight came crashing back down.

"What do you mean?" I almost cried.

"If it's dangerous for me to know you, how dangerous is it for you to know them?" Alex pointed out.

"It's not like that." Chase cut in. "Maddie knows how to protect herself and even if she didn't she has all of us to protect her too."

"You're really not gonna listen if I decide the other way huh?" Alex conceded crashing on the couch with his hands on his face.

"You know me that well." I laughed for the first time in a while.

"Fine. But I have conditions." I smiled at his words. "I don't want you going out in the field. Please just stay home, stay safe." If this meant that I could keep helping I'd do it.

"I can do that." I said.

"Also I want to be more involved. Tell me if you are hurt or need help please Maddie, I just don't want to be left in the dark anymore."

"If that makes things easier I'll do it."

"And I'm sorry for freaking out yesterday. That's also for you Chase, sorry man." Alex said.

"I forgive you. And I love you." I told him and Alex came in to hug me. I flinched at his initial touch but leaned into the hug.

"Are you okay?" I asked after we pulled away.