𝟮𝟬 | destiny has spoken.

Start from the beginning

   pulling out a fire sword, in an area that's surrounded by fire wasn't a good idea. the weapon's power reacted to the volcano.
lava splashed into the rock he stood on. pieces of it crumbled below the lava's surface.

   through the falcon, nya too noticed the lava becoming unstable. the source of it, coming from no one but her brother. "kai, the weapon is compromising our safety," nya shouted

the flames of his sword only grew stronger as he ignored his sister's warnings. "i will do what i must."

   kai raised his sword. he swung it at every serpentine that blocked his path.

   "kai, put the fucking sword away," melanie shouted.

   as she punched serpent after serpent, she considered going up to the red ninja and putting the sword away for him. her words only seemed to make the red ninja more determined. he gripped his sword tightly, continuing to flash away at the snakes.

   the anacondrai led his serpentine followers up the stairs. "let's get out of here! but not before we leave them with a parting gift. boys?"

   his mischievous smirk said it all. constrictai began to dig holes in the volcano's inner walls. as they exited the holes, lava spewed out. the volcano shook. rocks fell from the inner walls, lava continued to flow out the dug holes.

   "any minute, this place is gonna blow. we have to get out of here," jay warned.

   "not without my son," garmadon, looking back at lloyd.

   "and i promise you, uncle garmadon, we aren't leaving without him," melanie replied.

   the young garmadon shouted from his cage. he cried out for his father. small tears pooled in his eyes. the blond was just happy to see his father again.

   "argh, lose the boy!" pythor commanded. his followers obeyed, dropping the garmadon boy's cage near the rising lava.

   "dad!"

   "lloyd!"

   garmadon carefully pulled the stick that held the cage. he helped lloyd just as the bottom started to melt. kai rushed past the father-son duo. the red ninja was determined to get the fangblade.

   "come back. it's too dangerous. the whole place is going to explode!" cole shouted.

  "then i better be quick!"

the fire ninja threw his sword at the anacondrai. pythor shrieked as the sword came at him. he shielded himself, dropping the fangblade as he did. the fangblade fell off the stairs, landing on a small rock near the rising lava.

"leave it, kai! it's not worth your life!" jay yelled.

   the ninja watched as kai ignored their shouts and warning. they were concerned for him, but kai was too strong-willed and stubborn to listen. as mad as she was, melanie knew he wouldn't leave without the fangblade.

lloyd looked around the volcano. "but what about kai?" he asked. "kai?"

melanie noticed the ground underneath the blond cracking. she tried to grab lloyd, but it was too late. the ground beneath lloyd was too low for anyone to reach.

"no! lloyd!" garmadon yelled.

"dad! dad! i'm sinking!" lloyd screamed.

with all his strength, the red ninja tried to pull his sword from the ground. the golden weapon wouldn't budge. the brunet hadn't realized that he dropped the fangblade as he continued pulling out the the sword.