CHPT. 13 Windy moor

Start from the beginning

"No. You two will have to temporarily return to Monstadt until this situation has subsided. Both the Milellith and Fatui are involved and I don't want you to get caught in the crossfire." Alastor explained, his tone was serious and concerned.

"We think that something alike to the stormterror incident will happen, but much more dangerous... So, please... Bare with it."

It was selfish of him. But all Alastor could think of was keeping them safe. Aether was capable due to being a celestial traveler, but these two boys... They were mortal.

Bennett sniffled, rubbing his teary eyes. He was sad, but he felt warm and fuzzy. He never had someone to call an older brother because of people treating him as unlucky, but heading Alastors words... He felt like he had one. He turned to razor, surprised to see the boy smiling at him.

"Benny don't cry. Razor is going with Benny. We explore Monstadt together." It was uncharacteristic, but the usually stoic wolf-boy grinned brightly. Razor was kindhearted and tried hard enough to Understand others worrying for him.

"Once this is all over, let's go explore all of Liyue until we uncover all of their secrets!" Aether happily announced, excited to travel with others.

Bennett's eyes sparkled in excitement, "Then... I and Razor will go and explore Monstadt! Once you come back we'll tell all sorts of stories!"

.

Aether had stayed in Liyue harbor, but Alastor was able to safely escort the pair back to Monstadt. It was difficult for him to part with them, but it let them be safe.

As long as the people he cherished were out of harm's way...

He could live peacefully...

.

Aether went up the stairs that lead to Yujing Terrace, he was slightly worried about Alastors absence. He paused in the middle of the steps, sucking in a breath and calling out his name.

"Alastor"

Blue flames swirled beside him before vanishing as fast as it appeared, "You called?" Alastor was there, smiling softly at the blonde. Aether found himself assured with his presence, nodding at the simple question.

"What are we doing now? And why are we going up here?"

"Mr. Zhongli said we had to get a Cleansing bell! His friend has one apparently." Paimon explained though it made Alastor flinch a bit.

He knew one Adeptus in Liyue to carry the cleansing bell. One of the two Adepti that signed a contract to Rex lapis that he found trouble disliking.

"Oh, dear..." He sighed, scratching the back of his head. He was so glad that his eyes were masked by a spell, before pulling up his hood.

There at the side of the stairs was an elderly woman gazing at alone glaze lily. She sighed, melancholic yet unsurprised.

"All things must change..." said the woman, though she looked sad it was not disappointed.

"Are you alright?"

"It's nothing, it's nothing. I just thought it a great shame that so many of these Glaze Lilies have wilted." The old woman sighed, gently caressing the petals, careful not to break the fragile lily. Nostalgia shrouded her eyes, a kind of yearning within them.