Get your shit together IV

TW: war, mentions of death and explosives
CW/ swearing

°•°•••°•°••••°•°•°°••°°°••°°••••°°•••••••°°••°°••°••°•••°•

Tommy paced around anxiously. It was time for a very delicate operation.

They were to sneak into the Capitol, plant the TNT and leave. And if they were caught, well let's just say being caught wasn't an option.

"Stupid fucking Dream and his fucking..." he muttered to himself.

Tubbo glanced at him with worried eyes. "You good, Tommy?"

"Oh, nothing, asides from the fact I might die on my fucking birthday." Tommy grumbled, crossing his arms.

They both went still as the sound of a horse approaching could be heard.

There were two options, Eret, or the guards. Both of which could end in disaster.

However, when they heard Eret call out to them, they knew they were safe.

They stopped the horse in front of the two boys and jumped off the horse. "Guys, remember, you go into the city through the underground networks. You know the route, right?"

Tommy nodded frantically. He already knew this.

Tubbo glanced around and let out a gasp of surprise. Tommy and Eret turned in the direction Tubbo was pointing. In the distance, they saw a pinprick of light slowly growing bigger.

"Shit," Eret cursed, hastily getting unto his horse. "You two, head to the mines, I'll lead the guards away."

Tommy and Tubbo nodded, taking two bags full of explosives each. They turned around and entered the rocky tunnels, listening to the sound of Eret riding his horse away.

There was no time to waste. They headed deeper into the mines, watching out for the random stuff that littered the ground. It had been abandoned since a rogue explosion had killed a bunch of miners years ago.

They walked in silence, unsure of what to say. The nervousness radiating off them was tangible.

They watched for a few more miles until Tommy held up his arm, a signal that they had reached their destination. He pointed to the ladder that hung from an opening above them. It had been placed there by Eret earlier that day.

They climbed up the rungs, knowing they were on a timer.

Tommy reached out a hand once he was at the top, helping Tubbo up.

"Okay, we're supposed to leave them in the Hall, under the stage. Where no one can find it." Tommy whispered.

Tubbo gave him a nod of confirmation.

They snuck towards the building quietly, staying out of sight from the guards.

There was a certain window they were to climb through. It had been deemed the best way in when Wilbur had taken Tommy scouting earlier that day.

Tommy scaled the building, climbing up to the window. He used his free hand to pull his pocket knife to unlock the window.

After a few seconds of figuring out the best way to commence, he finally got to work on picking the lock.

"Yes." He whispered as he slid open the window. He climbed through it and stuck out his head to call Tubbo up.

The hall was huge. And empty. Meaning every sound they made would echo. Best not to make a sound then.

Once the explosives where in place, they went back to the window.

Tommy looked out first and gave a start when he saw a bunch of guards underneath. "Shit." He whispered. "Should have locked the window. They've noticed."

Tubbo looked at him in a state of panic. "What are we going to do? We can't get caught. If we do we'll have to k-"

"We won't get caught." Tommy cut in firmly.

They wouldn't get caught, right?

×

A/n: cliff hanger be like.

I would have continued, but I ran out of motivation.

I will probably continue in the next part. I'm to invested in this au, yk.