Chapter 4.

I take a short cut home. I run inside. My mom and all the lynches are there with two policemen. "What's going on?" I say. My mom looks at me. "Brooke!! Your safe!" She runs up and hugs me. "Thanks officers." They leave. "Brooke where'd you go?!" Stormie asks. "I just went for a walk." I lie. Ross runs up and hugs me. I push him off. "Stop! Don't touch me! I don't want you here!" I yell. I don't care if his family and my mom are there. "I'm sorry." I roll my eyes. "No you're not. You have been a terrible friend. I had to sit alone crying on my birthday because you and your family didn't even care that I was turning 13. My mom is the only that really cares about me. Just leave. Please all of you go." I run to my room and cry. My mom comes up. "Sweety. Can I come in?" She sits next to me and rubs my back. "Momma.. He hurt me." I say. "I shouldn't have let you talk to them. I kept you away from everyone to keep you from getting hurt. I'm so sorry." I cry into her shoulder. "I honestly don't know why I even care so much." I sob. "It's because you like him." I nod. "Yeah as a friend.." I say. "No honey. You're jealous that he spends his time with his cast mates rather than his best friend. You really like him." Maybe she was right. "But momma he said his cast mates are better than me. I knew this would happen if he was famous." She hugs me and leaves. I sit on my bed for about ten minutes until my door opens. I thought it would be my mom. It wasn't. It was Ross. "Brooky..." I sigh. "Leave me alone." I wipe my tears. "I'm so sorry I missed your birthday. You were right. I have been a horrible friend and I feel awful. I haven't forgotten you." He says. "Seems like it. You acted as if we never even met." He sits next to me. "I really am sorry. What I said earlier, not true. No one is better than you. Your my number one girl." I smile slightly. "Where's that award winning smile?" I smile fully. "There it is. Your so beautiful brooke. Have I ever told you that?" I nod. "You can come meet the cast tomorrow. Would you like that?" I smile wider. "That's part of the reason I was upset. You never once invited me to see you at work or rehearsing. I was so happy that you were living your dream but then I wished every night that something would stop you from it." I say truthfully. "You did?" I bite my lip and nod. "I just wanted you to myself. I didn't like knowing that someone else got to hang out with you. I figured you let go of our friendship and moved on to find another girl...... o-or guy." I blush at my mistake. "Aw, brooky. I could never forget you. You're my girl. Only mine and I'm yours. Guy of course. If you ever wanted to come to the studio, you can." I smile. "Okay. I love you Ross. Friend wise." He smiles. "I love you too brooky." He hugs me.