[eight]

Not taking the time to saddle their horses or even properly put on their armors, Kalira and Geralt grabbed their swords and headed to Blaviken. Kalira's mind was racing with questions as they neared the market. She knew about seers. She had dreams like that before and she wondered if the same thing had happened again. Turning a corner, they spotted Renfri's group of mercenaries from the tavern, all looking at them with drawn weapons.

"She knew you'd come." Nohorn spoke with a snotty grin, making Kalira glare at him.

"Where is Renfri?" Geralt demanded, both knowing Renfri had tricked them and somehow put them to deep slumber.

"She's at the tower with your little friend." Nohorn spat out. "Marilka."

Hearing the young girl's name, Kalira tightened her hold on her sword. Despite the town being a shit show, Marilka was chirpy, happy and definitely didn't deserve to die because of Renfri's thirst for revenge.

"She gave us a message to pass on to you." Another man called out. "You have to choose the lesser evil."

"It's an ultimatum." Another stated, holding his sword high. "Get it?"

Kalira and Geralt shared a look, both knowing they had to save Marilka from Renfri even if it meant that they had to kill all the mercenaries in front of them. Geralt let out a sigh and raised his sword.

"Fuck."

As if on cue, a single arrow flew through the air towards them. Geralt easily deflected the arrow with his sword and they both jumped into action. Kalira and Geralt moved through the mercenaries with precision. It was as if they were dangerously dancing with their swords, blood splattering on them as they did so.

Kalira swiftly cut a man's weapon wielding arm off before slashing his chest. She bent her knees and avoided a sword piercing through her head before swinging her sword to behead the man. She almost felt bad for the men for being this stupid, thinking they could outmatch not one but two Witchers. Keyword was, almost.

She saw one approaching Geralt from behind as he was dealing with two and she ruthlessly swung her sword at the man's spine, making him let out an excruciating scream before she pulled her sword back with such force, it sliced the man in half. Kalira allowed the next man lunge at her, knowing he didn't stand a chance against her. Grabbing his extended hand, she twisted it back to his body, cutting open his throat with his own dagger.

Kalira followed after Geralt, seeing only Nohorn left standing. Even though he had just watched Kalira and Geralt kill all of his men in mere minutes, he stood his ground, ready to fight them. Geralt stood back when he heard Kalira mutter under her breath that he was hers.

Holding her sword in one hand, she pulled one from the body of a dead mercenary and advanced on Nohorn with fire in her eyes. She made Nohorn think he could deflect her blow which made him let his guard down in confidence. Using it as her advantage, she thrusted the sword she picked up earlier through his chest and pushed the man back with a force. The sword sticking out his body embedded itself into the wooden door, holding the man's body up as Kalira raised her own sword and sliced his head clean off, more blood splattering on her face.

She looked back at Geralt, seeing he had blood over him as well but other than that they both got out of the fight unscathed. They were about to make their way to the tower when Marilka's screams stopped them in their tracks.

"Geralt! Kalira!" Marilka shrieked and Kalira spotted the girl a little further ahead with Renfri holding a sword to her throat. "No."

Renfri stepped into the market and saw all of her men butchered, their bodies cut into pieces, blood everywhere. Her eyes landed on Nohorn with grief and shock. Seeing the Witchers covered in her friends' blood, Renfri narrowed her eyes.

"You chose." She spoke, sounding almost disappointed as Kalira and Geralt stood in front of them.

"Let the girl go." Geralt spoke as Marilka cried in Renfri's arms.

"I will kill her." Renfri replied, momentarily looking at the young girl. "I will kill everyone here until Stregobor comes down."

"Renfri." Kalira warned, ready to attack her to save Marilka. "Let her go."

"Leave Blaviken." Geralt added, conjuring magic between his fingers. "It's not to late."

"Magic doesn't work on me." Renfri shot back with a glare. "Silver does though."

"Silver is for monsters." Geralt replied and they knew Renfri had made her choice. In the blink of an eye, she stabbed Marilka on her side before tossing her away. "If we cross swords..." He warned as Kalira made her way to the girl.

"I won't be able to stop."

She heard Geralt and Renfri clashing their swords when she reached Marilka who was sobbing in pain. Crouching next to her, Kalira moved the fabric aside to see if Renfri had hit any vital organs.

"Marilka, look at me." Kalira tried to calm the girl down. "You're going to be okay but you need to calm down."

Instead of doing just that, Marilka convulsed on the ground making Kalira curse under her breath. Moving her fingers in the air, she casted Axii, the sign which calmed people down if used accordingly. Ripping a piece of her own shirt, she tied it around Marilka's waist before getting up to find Geralt and Renfri.

She followed the sounds of their grunts and swords clashing. She turned the corner to see Geralt fatally wounding Renfri in the neck. Renfri looked shocked for a moment, her mouth agape as she collapsed into his arms. Kalira's eyes met with Geralt's and both had unreadable looks on their faces.

"The girl in the woods will be with you always." Renfri panted, making Kalira frown as she said the same thing as her dream. She then looked at Kalira. "She is your destiny."