"But you insisted."

He looked at me. "It was a group effort."

I laughed. "Well, thank you. I really missed you guys."

~~~~~~~~

I walked out of Nathaniel's room, into the hallway. Nathaniel was supposed to stay with me, but he slept on the couch instead.

The kitchen was quite and I spotted Nathaniel rummaging in the fridge.

I crept behind him and when I get close enough, wrapped my arms around his waist.

He jumped as I laughed and stepped back.

"I wanted to get you back for scaring me yesterday." I leaned against the counter, crossing my arms and cocking an eyebrow.

Nathaniel-half smiled, as he seemed to be avoiding my gaze. "Huh. I'll-uh-see you later."

He turned to leave.

"Where are you going? Can I come?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. Why was he being so standoffish?

"Oh, just the gym. I'll see you later." Nathaniel only caught my eye once, but pecked me on the cheek.

I frowned, as I watched him walk out into the April air.

~~~~~~~~

"This, is so much fun." I laughed uncontrollably, as twirled in a circle on the ice.

I heard sputtering behind me.

"Glad," she heaved, "You're having fun." And than she lost her balance on one foot, and her entire stance collapsed onto the ice.

I tried not to laugh, as I planted fake-concern on my face and held down a hand. Her cheeks were rosy pink, and her hat slid forward, covering her eyes.

Lavender was many things, but athletic was not one of them.

My poker face started to crumble, as my giggling conquered and broke through.

Lavender's lips were taut, and she sarcastically smiled up at me, "Think that's funny?"

I nodded, still laughing.

Lavender sighed, and reached for me hand. I went to pull her up, but went the opposite direction when she pulled down.

That was that. I bursted through with a laugh I didn't even know capable, and covered my face.

Lavender laughed next to me. "I told you I was a bad ice skater."

I looked around at the indoor Ice Arena. I was hoping we could skate at Rockefeller, but it was closed off.

Kids from the age of fourteen, to sixteen skated around us with a look of amusement or aristocracy.

"People are looking at us like we're insane." I mumbled under my breath.

Lavender glanced around, her hat inching forward and her hair sticking out in wide angles. "I don't see anything."

I shortly laughed, and helped her up. Before we started to skate, I instructed her to take off her hat and fix her hair.

She looked at me dumbfounded, but did it anyway. After her hair was smoothed down properly, I stuck the hat on beanie-style.

Now she looked like the model she usually does.

Teenager boys glanced at her with awe, and elbowed their friends noticeably. I shook my head, as I watched Lavender's oblivious state.

"So," she started, inching awkwardly forward with her skates, "How were the love birds last night?"