Chapter 11

The moon glistened the night, uncanny silence surrounded the environment. Katsura kotarou was silently walking and was on its way towards y/n place. A sudden man approached Katsura.

"Hey wait up, aren't you Katsura Kotarou dono?" said the mysterious man.

"...You have the wrong man."

"Don't worry I'm not one of those shogunate dogs"

"You're still a dog... So are you thirsting for blood? I heard there's been a serial killer here lately, one who carries a sword ... Go find someone else to bark at."

"Unfortunately, my sword only hungers for the blood of strong men like you. How about a little match?"

"...That sword you..."

Before Katsura could exchange any other word a sword slashed through his shoulder running through his chest. Katsura's blood splashed in all directions.

"Is that the best you can do?" said the mysterious man and left Katsura alone.

The slash was so quick that Katsura could hardly feel anything. In a matter of seconds, Katsura fell on the ground. His conscience was fading, piercing pain spread in all parts of his body. Katsura felt his eyelids getting heavier. Before his eyes closed completely he saw his wrist one last time. His blue and white knitted thread was not on his wrist anymore. He thought to himself that maybe he wasn't deserving of your protection or love. He closed his eyes.

↠↠OoO↞↞

It had almost been an hour since you were back home. Usually, Katsura would accompany you back home but he had informed you of his inability to come to pick you up today. You didn't know why but you felt a chill run along your spine. As if something bad had happened. You subdued those feelings and went to sleep blaming your failed attempt to confess love to Katsura as a reason for your uneasiness.

The next morning you found Elizabeth at your cafe.

"Did Katsura come here?" Eli held up a sign.

"No not yesterday, did something happen"

"No he just didn't come home last night, Have a great day y/n san" Eli held up another sign.

Saying that (rather showing that) Elizabeth left your place. The strange feeling which you felt yesterday night grew again. Something terrible had happened. It was no more just your feeling, Katsura didn't come back home last night. Even Elizabeth didn't know where he was. Your uneasiness was noticed by Mayura, she placed a hand on your shoulder, "Why don't you take a walk it might help you sort your thoughts." You nodded and left the place.

Every rumour around the town spoke of the mysterious ronin killer. Another body was found yesterday. There was a big commotion around the bridge. Apparently, there was another killing last night and it was very brutal nonetheless. There were bloodstains all over the floor of the bridge. The body was not found and only a sword was buried with blood all over it. After some struggle, you managed to make your way in front of the crowd.

It took you a second to recognize that it was Katsura's sword. Your knees gave way and you fell to the ground. You crawled your way up to the sword and looked at it in disbelief. It can't be Katsura's sword right. He was a leader in the joui war. How can anything happen to him? Just on the edge of the railing, you saw the thread you had tied on his wrist all bloodied on the floor. You picked it up and observed it closely. There was no mistake, it was the same one you had knitted for him. Now all green and red because of the blood.

"NOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOO IT CAN'T HAPPEN" you shouted while nodding your head sideways.

You refused to believe what had happened. Tears couldn't stop flowing from your eyes. It felt as if someone had stabbed you in your heart. Maybe stabbing would have hurt less than knowing something might have happened to Katsura. Immeasurable pain, hurt, despair shrouded you. You could feel your heart shred in a million pieces as you cried your eyes out shouting while hugging the hand-knitted thread close to your chest.

Just then you heard similar voices of Shinpachi and Kagura. You turned around and crawled, as you barely felt any strength in your knees, the short distance between you and them. You wiped your tear stream a bit and tried to sober your voice, head completely kneeled down to Earth.

"Ple.. Plea.. Please help me find what happened to Katsur..." you couldn't complete your sentence while still sobbing heavily.

Shinpachi and Kagura came close to you and kneeled down to be in the same view as you. You lifted your tear-stained face. Fresh tears still leaving your eyes and held on to the sides of Kagura's sleeves.

With desperate eyes, you looked up to her still making audible sobs as you spoke

"Please help me find him, Please tell me what happened to him, he is just hiding from the bakufu right... right"

Kagura gently patted your head as she allowed it to rest on her chest

"Annewae..."

Feverishly hanging onto the little support Kagura provided you cried your heart out.

"Please...Please.. I don't know what I will do if anything happens to him. I don't want to lose him ... You all are Yorozuya right...You will do any job if I give you money. I will give you any amount you say just Please find out what happened to Katsura-san"

NOTE: Hello everyone, I am really sorry for not updating for like 3-4 months ahhhhh. College really hit me bad but good news I am back to continue the story for all the people who are still reading (I hope someone is at least). Also covid has been really bad here I hope everyone is doing fine and are all healthy. Please take care of yourself and thankyou so much for always supporting me.

PS: Please tell me I was not the only one who thought katsura died during the benizakura arc. I just knew it was a serious arc and I was like makes sense to kill an important character off but I am so happy nothing happened. Also, this chapter was way too depressing but I don't I just feel it would be such heartbreaking news to find your lover died. I hope I was able to convey those feelings.

THANKYOU AGAIN FOR SUPPORTING ME :)