I looked back over to the girl sitting across from us. Even the way she ate was graceful. Shaking my head, I looked back over to Mr. Moore. I shouldn't be so obsessed over her--or anything else. I just needed to focus on this.

"Well, I think my son should scout the area where we suspect Benjamin is hiding. I know his assigned area is Pencastle, but many of these issues have taken place in Pencastle. It only makes sense that he goes. He does have the most knowledge about this mission and he's the one who has been doing the research, along with his partner, Iris." He gestured to Iris and Luke with his head. Iris and Zach sat at the other end of the table--so far away. Suddenly, I wished Iris was next to me. She would know exactly what to say to me now.

Everyone looked at Luke and Iris at the mention of their names. Sneaking a glance at the girl across from us, I saw her look at Luke with an impressed smile on her face.

"I believe that I can gather more information about the location and Mr. R--Benjamin's plans, before we go in and take him down. All I am asking is for a chance to scout the area." Luke spoke, and everyone nodded, the girl across from us looking especially interested. A strange feeling bubbled inside me at that. Without thinking, I reached up to place my hand on Luke's arm, commending him.

The girl across from us caught sight of it, her eyes showing an unreadable expression. Understanding? Realization?

She smiled at me, fixing her gaze back on to Mr. Moore and away from Luke. I realized what I had done and removed my arm quickly.

What was that?

I looked at Luke cautiously and he noticed that I retracted my arm. He looked down at me, and looked back at the girl. His smirk grew, looking at me smugly.

"Are you okay?" He asked, feigning concern.

I glared at him. "I'm fine." Whatever just happened was nothing. It was normal--I congratulate Luke all the time. Especially in front of beautiful women who flirted with him.

Stop it Rosalie. Get a grip.

As talks about the mission were closing and everyone began finishing their food, I felt much better. Not only did I now have a very full stomach, but I was sure that the stretters would agree to letting Luke scout the area. Which means that I would be joining him, along with Iris and Zach, of course.

"Well, I think that Luke should be able to investigate the area on his own. He sure does have enough experience. Besides, all of our other agents are already quite busy." The girl spoke up, adding her input.

"Thanks Olivia." Luke told her. Olivia. So that was her name. I had been so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even know her name. I felt the food in my stomach churn painfully, just as I was feeling better.

I was too busy being stupid. I was the one who wanted to invite them here and I couldn't even focus? I felt completely and utterly humiliated at myself. I let my emotions get the better of me.

"You sure you're okay?" Luke was looking at me, his voice now completely void of amusement. I probably looked ridiculous. I certainly felt like it.

"Yeah, I'm going to go now. Looks like everything is taken care of." I said weakly, getting up and excusing myself. On my way out, I caught Iris and Zach looking at me worriedly. I gave them a measly smile, getting out of there as quick as I could.

I walked through the halls briskly trying to make it to my room. Today was a bad day for me. Maybe I was making all this up in my head, but I felt so out of place. I'm so in over my head. I just need some time to breathe. Keeping busy has been great, but I can feel its toll on me.