They are following all of us.

He looks back over at me before roughly letting me go.

We both can't do anything. We can't do anything for a while. The cops are holding us back and just waiting for the right time to get us.

He grabs Gee's shirt, pulling him away from the floor as if he was small child. While being pulled away, Gee looks back at me with his face scrunched up.

Man, he can chill out with all of that. Acting like we weren't about to make out on this floor in front of all these people.

The workers looked at me one more time before exiting off the floor.

"Everyone resume to normal activities. I repeat, everyone resume to normal activities. Everything is cleared." The announcer on the mic went.

And that's what everyone did. They resumed doing what they were doing before. When I walked off of the floor, Superiors wanted to talk to me but I wasn't in a mood.

I didn't see Ace or Gee anymore that evening, considering they left.

________________________

I sat at the table eating pizza that I ordered for us. My aunt was working overtime at work tonight, so I just settled on pizza.

It's been days since that incident at the rink. I've barely been going to school. The times when I did showed up, I never saw Gee.

He might be going back to not showing up to school just as he was doing before.

I don't care anyway.

My sister, Jasmine joins me at the table with a plate of two slices of pizza with a paper and pencil in her hand. "I need help."

"Help with what?" I sighed, wiping my hands on a napkin.

"Math."

I shook my head. "Nope, nope. Mm mm. I barely understand what I'm doing now. You're asking the wrong one. Show, Rylos, he's smart."

"I've already asked, Ry. He won't help me, too busy on that stupid game."

"You're outta luck then," I shrugged, going back to eating my pizza.

She starts looking down, poking her bottom lip out.

"That look isn't going to do a thing."

Then the more I looked at her, the more I started to give in. "Aight, aight," I said, sighing. "Let me see."

She moves the paper over closer to me. I looked down at it, cleaning my greasy fingers on a napkin. Some shit about finding the missing number to a problem. It didn't stop there. I flipped the page over to the back and see a thing about rounding numbers.

Now, hold on✋🏾I didn't do all this in no first grade. This is all new shit to me.

A look of confusion is written on my face as I begin to rub my chin hair. "What is this? I was counting on my fingers in first grade. Shit, I still am."