i turned to scott slowly. over the last couple of weeks it felt like there was something brewing with scott. i wasn't sure what it was, maybe it was just us becoming closer as friends, maybe it was something more. though i was very hesitant to dive into something with him, because i knew he and allison had something special before. they were in love. and now she was gone. and she was my best friend.

before, i couldn't help but hope it was something more, that scott and i could work. only now, with stiles, i felt different. i felt torn, and the feeling felt familiar. it was almost like i was going through this before, trying to decide between two guys, fighting my feelings for two people at the same time.

but i couldn't seem to remember why, or when. or who.

"so," scott said, rocking back on his heels, "um..."

"there is a possibility that i loved your best friend," i began, trying to get the conversation flowing. i knew scott and i had to talk about it, only neither of us really wanted to.

scott bit his bottom lip nervously, nodding, "yeah."

i absently grabbed at my necklace, pulling at it gently. a pit formed in my stomach and i blew out a breath. "we could, uh, just continue, you know, how we've b-"

"where did you get that necklace?" scott asked, cutting me off. his eyes were trained on my neck, eyeing the necklace curiously. "can i see it?"

i nodded, moving my hand and showing him the necklace. "my aunt gave it to me."

scott looked up at me with a blank stare, "your aunt? the one who fatally wounded how many people?"

"hey, she was battling darkness," i defended.

"no, liv, she gave in to it by that point, and your mom said she brought it on her self because she enjoyed it and always had," scott said softly. his eyes flickered down to my necklace again. "do you think your aunt gave it to you because of the 's' that's engraved on it?"

i stayed quiet, pulling my bottom lip between my teeth. scott's eyes flickered back up to meet my own. a frown settled on his lips, his eyebrow quirking.

"do you think stiles could have given it to you?" he asked.

"maybe," i replied quietly.

then, images flashed through my mind. i was sat in an old vehicle, a small carton of fries in my lap. the same voice from before rang through my mind. the voice i assumed was stiles.

"it's so that you don't forget me while you're in paris."

"liv?" scott's voice snapped me from my thought, a faint smile on his lips. "you in there?"

i shook my head lightly. "yeah, sorry."

"look, if there is a stiles, and if you did love each other, i'm okay with it." he shrugged lightly, "but that doesn't mean we can't... explore these feelings for now."

i nodded, pushing away the feeling that this felt wrong. it wasn't right, but i wanted it so badly to be. i wanted to have someone i could look forward to seeing again, someone to hold me when i was scared and make me feel safe. but did i want that to be scott?

"okay." i said quietly, "okay, we can do that."

"okay." scott smiled, his hands gripping the straps of his bag. "we should go check on mason and liam, right?"

i nodded in response and began to follow him towards the library. i clutched my biology textbook to my chest, free hand fiddling with the necklace. could stiles have given this to me? somehow, that made more sense than my aunt giving it to me. because scott was right, she didn't seem like the person who would have done that.