CHAPTER FIFTY SIX

Start from the beginning

As his eyes soon began to adjust to the harsh tungsten lights that hung above the hallway, he realized they were taking him to a new room. As one of the men let go, he opened a door to a bigger room, one with significantly more light and at least a chair and a table.

After throwing Kai inside, the two men shut the door behind them. Kai stumbled as he tried to stand, adjusting to the new environment he'd been deprived of for months. He itched at his sore throat, feeling the stubble of hair that grew on his face and neck.

"Feeling okay?" Marzia spoke. Kai turned to the corner where she stood, a little bewildered he didn't notice her standing there at first.

Kai glared at her, "Been better." He mumbled, his voice coarse.

Marzia smiled a bit. "Why don't you take a seat?" She suggested.

Kai eyed her hesitantly, but sat down on the cold metal chair that sat in the middle of the room. He wasn't in the mood to play stubborn, and there had to be a good reason he was pulled from the room for the first time in months. As soon as he sat down, he felt relief from the pain of holding himself up.

Marzia slowly walked to the other side of the table, and Kai followed her suspiciously with his eyes as she sat down across from him. The two just stared at each other for a few moments before Marzia spoke. "We've discovered you might be of some value to us." Marzia began. Kai's expression didn't change, he just sat opposite her leaned back in his seat with hateful eyes. She didn't expect a response, but when he didn't even seem affected by her words she spoke again. "You're the son of the Gemini coven's leader. Given that information, we believe you know how to get back to Dimension 0."

Kai noted how they've get to call where they are a 'prison world'. They still believe that they've done nothing wrong and don't deserve to be here. "If I knew how to get out of here, I probably wouldn't be sitting here against my will right now." Kai responded, leaning forward a bit with narrowed eyes.

"Of course." Marzia nodded. "You have the information, you know how to get out— but don't have the tools to do it."

Kai eyed her. "And you have the tools?" He asked suspiciously.

"We can't give you the tools if you don't give us the information."
Marzia responded.

Kai let out a scoff. "And I'd help you... why?" He asks.

She shrugged slyly. "We'll let you and the girl come with us."
He felt his heart skip a beat at the mention of Daisy, but didn't let it show. "All you have to do is tell us what you know— and you're both free."

Kai watched her as she spoke, his mind quickly racing with possible outcomes. The problem was— he didn't have any information. None that would be of any value. He glanced around the room and took a deep breath, leaning back in his seat before redirecting his attention to Marzia.

"Food first." He responded cheekily.

She narrowed his eyebrows at him. "What?"

"I've died multiple times from starvation down here." Kai frowned. "And I'm feeling a little peckish."

Marzia looked at him like he was crazy. "So—"

"Burger, no tomato." He spoke. "Not drive thru— I want it homemade."

Marzia let out a small scoff, "No." She shook her head.