Skeletons in closests

(A/N: At last, the wait is over! We finally get to know how Raya's mum died. And I would also like to issue another trigger warning, as there is some more violence in this chapter. One more thing: if you haven't seen the movie yet (which I totally recommend btw), this does NOT happen at all. Its just what I think happened, and why Raya can't remember it. The thing with Namaari's dad is too. Ok, now that we've got that cleared up, let us commence the story! PS: Most of this chapter takes place before Namaari collapses, jsyk.)

(Raya's POV)

BANG BANG BANG! "Raya, breakfast!"

I press my head against my knees, trying to block everything out.

"Raya? Raya!" He forces the door open, comes down to my level.

"Go away."

"No, is something wrong my dewdrop?"

"Yes! How could you? How could you lie to me, all this time?!" The words are tumbling out faster than I can stop them, and I can't stop a few tears from escaping. 

"What do you mean?"

I glare at him, baring my teeth. "How did my mother die?"

"What?"

"I said, how did my mother die?"

"Raya, we've been through this before. She go-"

"No! Stop lying to me Ba! Tell me, tell me how she really died!"

"You overheard us?"

"Yes, I did, so tell me."

He sighs, putting a hand on my shoulder. "Come with me."

===========================================================

The door down to the vault opens, revealing a deep dark cavern I believed was intent on swallowing me up as a small child. 

"Go ahead, go ahead."

Uncertian, taking small steps, I go. Ba lights a torch, and we venture, into the dimly lit darkness.

"Where... are we going?"

"You'll see, you'll see."

The cavern seems to be dragging on forever. We pass by door after door, on a road to nowhere. 

"Here we are." This door is carved with intricate symbols, flowers, dragons, hearts intertwined with ivy. 

Heasitant as I am, I turn the key in the lock, and push it open.

Its mostly bare, with the exception of two long shelves cluttered with vials of strange, swirling liquid, and a pearly white basin in the direct centre of the cobblestones, filled with the same liquid, but translucent olive green with swirling white bits.

"Raya, are you sure you want this?"

"Yes, I'm sure. You can't keep a skeleton in a closet for so long."

"Well, I'll be right here, in case it gets to be too much."

" 'Too much?' Ba, I'm not six anymore, I don't get overwhelmed so easily anymore."

"Just sayin." He takes a vial of silver liquid and pours it into the basin. Whatever trace of the green is gone, replaced by silver swirls.

"Now, put your head in there."

"In the basin? Oh Ba, you can't be serious."

"Do it. Trust me, you'll learn what you want to know."

I grip the edges. Sparks dance up, tickling at my face.

"Be careful Raya. Please."

Are you sure this is the right thing? He could easily tell you what happened.