𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

Start from the beginning

"No, you know what? They're not dropping the charges. But that doesn't prove anything." Stilinski argued, holding his pointer finger to the boy. "Scott, Lia, do you believe this?"

"It's really hard to explain how we know this, but you just gotta trust us. We know it's Matt." Scott nodded, watching as Noah's eyes flicked to Aurelia expectantly.

"It's him." She nodded sheepishly, cringing as Noah inwardly groaned and rubbed his temple therapeutically.

"Yeah, he took Harris's car, okay?" Stiles put forward. "Look, he knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders, and that if enough of the victims were in Harris's class, that they'd arrest him."

"All right, fine. I'll allow the remote possibility, but give me a motive." Noah partially caved, still needing something to validate him bending over backwards for them. "I mean, why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and its coach dead?"

"Isn't it obvious? Our swim team sucks! They haven't won in, like, six years." Stiles yelled, looking over to Aurelia who was staring off into space.

"Pure psychopathy?" She deadpanned, the three boys falling silent for a few seconds as they stared at the zoned-out girl.

"Okay— we don't have a motive yet. I mean, come on, does Harris?" Stiles drawled, pulling his attention away from Lia.

"What do you want me to do?" Noah asked, fully caving.

"We need to look at the evidence." Aurelia smiled, snapping out of her trance and leaning on the desk.

"Yeah, that would be in the station, where I no longer work." Stilinski sighed, eyeing his son who cringed.

"Trust me, they'll let you in." Stiles smiled.

"Trust you?" Noah spluttered, his eyes as wide as saucers.

"Trust— trust Scott?" Stilinski still looked sceptical, an eyebrow raised. "Trust Lia?" He asked in a quiet voice.

"Lia— Lia I trust." Noah nodded, looking to the Lahey who stood beaming in the corner.

Entering the police station, the three teens followed the former Sheriff through the doors and into the dimly lit building. Following a conversation between Noah and the deputy on shift that night, they trailed through the winding corridors of the Sheriff's station until they eventually made it to his former office. "We should look at the hospital stuff first, okay?" Aurelia whispered entering the office and beginning to pull out boxes related to the case.

"Why?" Scott asked, following the girl to the table.

"Because all the murders were committed by Jackson, except for one, you remember?" Stiles mumbled, finishing the girls thought and lugging more boxes behind his father.

"The pregnant girl, Jessica." Scott thought aloud, lifting papers and shuffling through the unimportant ones.

"Exactly. Since Matt had to kill her himself, somebody from the hospital could've seen him." Aurelia explained, hoping that would be the case — a lingering thought in the back of her mind telling her nothing was that cut and dry.

"I don't know, guys. I mean, look at this. There was a six-car pileup that night, the hospital was jammed." Noah told them, showing them the files and the security footage from the casualties that day.