Cookie-Cases and Closet-Conversations

"I can't believe this: Why would Mrs. Hudson do that?", asked John. He was getting annoyed and shuffled his body, shoulder pointing at the door now.

Sherlock must have known what the Doctor was about to do, because he grabbed John's forearm "Wait! What are you doing?!"

John ignored the electricity that shot up his arm, as he felt the Detective's grip. Must be that jumper, which keeps electrifying all day long, he thought to himself.

"I am breaking down the door, Sherlock, it is really not hard to tell."

"But you can't."

John scoffed: "Of course I can, do not question my ability to break down a bloody door!"

"Any other one, yes, but you can't break down Mrs. Hudson's door."

John just stood there. That was a good point. Mrs. Hudson was their landlady after all. But that meant he really was stuck with Sherlock in here. John made a frustrated noise. This was gonna be interesting.

"Do you think she will have to buy a lot of groceries?", John asked.

"I am sorry?", Sherlock replied, with a confused tone in his voice

"Mrs. Hudson. Do you think she will take long getting what she needs?"

"Oh yes. Yes she is. In fact I saw her list – it was quite long. And her fridge seemed to be empty. An hour at least. But you never know with her. Sometimes she carries her groceries home by foot and not with a cabbie, which adds another 18 min. Nine there and nine back. Probably 23 considering her long list. If she decides to take a stroll through the..."

"Okay, okay! A simple 'yes' would have been enough.", mumbled John.

Sherlock nodded his head. Then heard John glide down the closet door and sitting down.

Sherlock furrowed his eyebrows, even though he was aware John could not see this, due the lacking light in here. "What are you doing?"

"Well if we are gonna be stuck in here, might as well get comfortable, right?", John answered.

"Oh yes, indeed." Sherlock said, and stayed exactly where he was, stiffly. He heard John patting his hand next to him.

"Sit down, you are still taller sitting next to me too."

Though Sherlock didn't quite understand this point, he did as he was told. The next few minutes John tried to keep a certain distance to Sherlock, while Sherlock tried not to make any accidental body contact awkward.

They failed.

They felt each other's warm bodies through their clothes. John felt his face warm up. It hadn't been his imagination – it was definitely hot in here.

After a few moments of awkward silence, John finally asked: "So how is the case going?"

Sherlock scoffed: "I solved it. Boring."

"How?", John wondered out loud.
Just this morning Lestrade has sent them the files to a new case. An elder woman, the name was Ellen Juntle, in about her late 60s, was found dead. There was no sign of an heart attack, a stroke or similar. Along with her dog. No clue of what could have happened to them in the apartment. Scotland Yard was stuck.

"Easy", Sherlock sounded annoyed. „Mrs. Juntle's neighbor – Mrs. Donoson (A/N comment if you see what I did there) – hated her, because when Mrs. Juntle first moved in, she started bringing everyone in their neighborhood a cookie box. The neighbors loved those cookies, so it turned to her hobby to bring a little treat each week. However it has been the other lady's job before her and the people in their neighborhood started declining Mrs. Donoson's sweets. Mrs. Donoson was so angry with Mrs. Juntle she poisoned a bag of cookies and brought them to her. Mrs. Juntle, obliviously, ate them all. Which was the last thing she did"